Sunday, July 28, 2013

Obi Adopted -A Break from the Foster Front

Obi went home with his new family on Saturday. Good luck Obi! He will get to go on long, active adventures, run the beaches and continue learning how to be a city dog. Hopefully he meets up with his brother Captain (Onyx-Vudu) sometime in the near future. Obi had two really good applicants and it was hard to choose between them, but in the end we figured Obi would benefit best from having another dog in the household.

In personal news, we get married this upcoming Saturday. It's still a little surreal and hasn't quite sunk completely in, but it probably should soon. I drop Jinks off to my friend Tricia who owns a new daycare facility out in Sooke. Her own dog has similar behavioral quirks to Jinks, so she should be prepared.

Beckett and Lemon are staying home with a co-worker to pet-sit. I'm sure Lemon will completely enjoy the break from her sister! Now that Obi is gone, Jinks' extra energy just HAS to be put to good use annoying somebody else ;)

We have board dogs for most of August. Daisy (previously Honey) and her sister Hani will be staying with us for a few weeks, and then Suhki (previously Dayo) and Veda will be hanging here for just over a week.

So it's doubtful we'll have a foster for August.

---Just for fun Jerrad asked me if I remembered all of my fosters without looking at pictures/my lists of contacts. So I gave it a go for him.

I missed two!! I apparently forgot about Alice and Sunday.

Alice was here just over a week. She wasn't even supposed to come,
but Sunday couldn't hitch the flight so they sent her instead!

Sunday had a family interested in her before she even came,
which made her adoption a quick one. She was a very outgoing puppy!
I'm sure Jerrad missed a lot more than I did. He's not a names kind of guy. All he knows is, he'll be glad to have a foster break. Fostering is great, but it does take a lot of energy out of you.

Emily Out

4 comments:

Brigid said...

Will be thinking of you and Jerrad this weekend, Emily. Have a very joyful day, and many happy years together to come!

Anonymous said...

As one of your big fans -- a blog lurker, though -- I want to wish you and Jerrad a wonderful wedding day and many happy years together.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful wedding:)

On Behalf of all the Turtle Gardens Supporters said...

CONGRATULATIONS EMILY AND JERRAD!
From this moment on, you will be one.
A couple who will love and cherish each other.
Wishing You A Lifetime Of Happiness.

http://www.turtlegardens.org/blog/?p=40943