Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh How Time Flies

Today May had her first family-visit. A family with a hobby farm and two bigger dogs and one pre-teen looking for a 'good-with-everything' kind of girl. I don't think May made her best presentation -but I think that's what you get when people come onto 'their turf' instead of meeting in a neutral location. She barked at the people, ignored what recall training I've given her -I'm still getting the cold shoulder for leaving her over the weekend I guess- and was basically a diva. She also managed to barf up her lunch on the mum's shoe. So, with that family looking at multiple dogs, I'd be very surprised to see May go home with them.

On the plus side, she did initiate play with the pitbull and gave the daughter some loving. I keep my fingers crossed that she's already chosen her family with goodfriend/co-worker Cathy and her parental units. She was over there for the weekend while I was away for Easter and loved every minute of it. She was so zonked when I picked her up, but that didn't stop the huge tail wag and kisses. Haha, my fosters are more excited to see me than Beckett who goes 'oh hey, that's my bed, night guys' after he's dropped off.


May when she got home.



Honey also has a potential family. Hopefully they'll come for a meet and greet sometime later this week, but their application sounds great -lots of terrier experience and a calm/older dog to help stabalize Honey. Here's hoping she's a good fit. Honey spent the weekend with the trainer at the daycare and was "GRRRRREAT". She was taken on a group off-leash adventure and has excellent recall when travelling in a pack. Funnily enough, we've come to learn that Honey LOVES her crate.



I only really started using the crate with her for mealtimes as she trying to eat EVERYONE'S food. Fell asleep on the couch while she was eating a late supper and woke up an hour later to find her chilling. I don't bother locking the door yet, but close the door. I guess crate training doesn't have to be hard (which I should know, but seeing as Beckett's got at least 50-70 hours behind him and is still PETRIFIED of a crate, seeing instant results is nice).

She was also SO HAPPY to see Beckett and me again. When I went to pick her up it took her a minute to realize I was there and all of a sudden her eyes got huge and she was all whiny happiness. Same thing when she saw Beckett. She better get a home soon, cause unlike most of the other fosters so far, she's getting super attached. I mean, they all get to like you, but with dogs like Tucker and May I can tell they know/knew they're still looking for THEIR family. Honey doesn't seem to care about any other people. As far as she's concerned I'm her family. :S

Oh, and to end this post, I've finally started making the 'tuggies' (homemade tug toys), however I haven't moved past a basic braid. But here is a short video of the girls playing with the tuggie.

No comments: