Monday, January 6, 2014

Sweet Boy Shane

6 Weeks Old
Looking at the baby picture I barely recognize my now 28 pound snuggle bum. Shane is over 5 months now, and looking at starting his agility career this upcoming Sunday with puppy class. Jerrad is going to take him through his beginners classes :)

He's stopped is monstrous growth spurt that I thought would have me a 65+ pound dog, and seems like he should finish under 45. Much better!

Shane is by far the laziest border collie puppy -and perhaps even one of the most lazy puppies- I have had the pleasure of having in my home. Now don't get me wrong, he's more than happy to go for a two hour hike, but inside the house he is a total couch potato. He's momma's little snuggle bum.

He also MUST snuggle whoever is around.
Shane in the middle of the dog pile.
"This is my family and I wuv them."

Comfy dogs. Bums are the best pillows.
Shane is also most upset if a foster dog does not want to snuggle him. We have a new foster Joyce (update with pictures tomorrow) who is very dog social, but not "cuddly". Oh, he is a very sad puppy that she does not want to snuggle him. Shane's so snuggly that if you ask him sit or down and he knows there isn't food, he will sit or down on your feet or right beside you and lean his WHOLE body into you while he does his command. He very rarely lays down away from anyone else. Not that he's needy a he's quite fine with his crate time, just that he's a TOTAL lover. He will snuggle you all day if you want to.

Jinks is snuggly only if she gets a whack load of ball time and even then it's a limited time deal. On the bright side, though I didn't get a whacky collie like I thought I would, I got a perfect little snuggle bum who is the light of my life.

Foster updates soon, I just needed to brag about my little man. His grandma calls him "the baby". No matter how big he gets, I think he's always going to be the baby.

Jinks is "Stinky Jinks", affectionately just "Stinky"
Shane is "Sweet Boy Shane"

It's funny, Shane's previous name in rescue was Romeo. I think he lives up to it :)

Emily Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like my kind of dog.
What a great dog family. I love the way they all snuggle. All love. So adorable.
Wendy