Saturday, February 22, 2014

A New Chapter

Apologies for the long delay between blogs. We've been busy over here. Django recently went to his new home, and we fostered Cozy, a husky mix from Taiwan for about two weeks before he went home yesterday. Cozy marks our 80th foster dog adopted :)


He is also our last Victoria-based foster.


Jerrad and I have decided to move back to Saskatchewan to start a new chapter. Job opportunities are better, family (including Lemon) is back there, rent is somewhat cheaper and I could use a break from living and working with so many dogs to work on my Master's Thesis next year starting in September. After all, that's really what I'm supposed to be focusing on, especially when I pay quite a lot of money in order to take the classes. If I write the next Hunger Games or Harry Potter, I promise some of the proceeds will end up in rescue dogs.


So, we're hanging up our foster hats, given our rental notice, work notices and found a place to land for a few months (with the collies) to get some jobs and find a place to live more long-term. Who knows, we might be back out West sooner than later, but with Beckett gone it's time for us to try something new. It has been an adventure.


We'd love any and all updates from any of our old foster dogs, and are hoping to put together some kind of foster-get-together before we go.


Who knows what awaits us (besides a whole lot of snow) back in Saskatchewan. Life has a way of figuring itself out though, if you give it half a chance.


<3 always,
Emily, Jerrad, Jinks & Shane












6 comments:

Mark said...

Thank You Emily and Jerrad for all you have done to help over 80 dogs. I hope everything goes well for you in the prairies (way too flat for my liking not enough mountains).

Good luck and best wishes.

Mark, Del and the Royals.

Eve said...

Emily, I have loved reading your blog. Not only do I learn more about dogs and fostering and training and adoption, but you are a delightfully entertaining writer. I feel as if I know you and all of the family, permanent and temporary. I have had a dog of the heart, and teared up when Beckett died. Your simple, beautiful epitaph can do it even now.I cannot imagine you not succeeding at anything you undertake and certainly that includes your novel(s). Journey safely,and may you always love your life.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your wonderful blogs Emily, and many good wishes in Saskatchewan to you, Jerrad, Jinks and Shane. We will always remember Beckett through our emotional connection to our Mya. I hope that we may be able to continue to read of your adventures as you expand in your journey through life and may you be blessed with the wealth that awaits you.
Jude, Steve, Mya and Lacey

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I've also enjoyed reading your blog and thankful for people like you.
Your commitment to help save all of those beautiful and deserving dogs has been a great and very worthwhile contribution.
Good luck in your new chapter. You will be missed.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your dedication and inspiring ways helping these 4 legged friends who without people like yourself would never find those furever homes. I will miss reading your blog but wish you well on your new journey!

Elizabeth said...

We can't thank you both enough for bringing Zap into our lives! He has been a wonderful dog this past year.

Good luck in your next adventure! We will miss you on the Island...

Elizabeth, Ryan, Isla, Ewan and Zap