Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fosterless -But Maybe a New Addition?

Xena headed to her new digs today. Although she was initially a little put off by a 'stranger' by the time Linda was set to leave Xena was right alongside her out the gate and into the great new beyond. A couple of days to make sure she's the perfect match, and we're in the clear.

Meaning, I'm fosterless and it just feels plain weird. Beckett came home after Xena left and has been moping around without any friends already. Like not even 20 minutes home moping. Boy needs a regular housemate.

So, although I would very much like that second dog to be a TG dog, (I'm sorry, I've been cheating on and off) I've had my eye on another for awhile.



You might remember Toscana from previous posts. The long and short is that she was brought up from Mexico where she was living on a dump. I fostered her sister Yayis when they first arrived. Toscana's first Canadian home unfortunately hasn't worked out and she's been fostering with Laura for a few weeks now.

Laura tempts me with pictures:


The truth is when the dogs were all brought up from Mexico Toscana's picture was the one I gravitated towards, and she truly is a gorgeous dog with great energy, smaller than Beckett, but not by much, but with that greyhound/whippet thing about her. She's young (not quite 2), playful, loyal and eager to please. So, as long as I can convince Jerrad, she's going to come into foster for about a week (providing Xena doesn't come back) and she might just end up becoming our forever second dog. And if she doesn't, no harm no foul and Beckett will have a playmate while we're technically fosterless for near two weeks.

Not to worry though, even if she's #2 we'll still keep fostering. Maybe not as many at a time, but we'll definitely keep fostering -besides, what better to keep a teenage dog busy than other dogs to play with :)

And for inquiring minds that want to know my next foster, you're as clueless as I am :)
Best,
Emily

No comments: