Friday, July 22, 2011

Revolving Door of Dogs

Maybe I'm doing things weird, or odd, or just plain different, or maybe the blog is somehow fast-forwarding fosters, but lately I seem to be a revolving door of dogs.

Buster and Gio just arrived last weekend. Buster is now ADOPTED, and will be picked up on Sunday to go live in Vancouver near the beaches! She had another application in the wings too. From living as stray for 5+ years, to Turtle Gardens Foster Home Summer Camp, to one Vancouver foster, and now to here, she's got a lot of change under her cute little wiggle bum. Good luck Buster. You haven't beat my foster record of 4 days, but you came in under a week -tight race, and you're older, so you should win anyway!

Gio also has an application (or many, I'm not entirely sure, as they're Vancouver based so I haven't been doing the homechecks/telephone interviews, etc. Mostly because I know Gio is going to be a good fit in 95% of qualified homes. He's just that good.)

So, now I'm not feeling so guilty about taking Evee on.

Meet Evee


Evee is a Taiwanese dog. When asked awhile ago if I wanted to foster a Taiwanese for Island Dogz (who I fostered Tine for), I said sure. Through misshaps in plane flights (they only get out of Taiwan if they have someone to transport them), I didn't quite realize they'd be able to send one so quickly after I got my TG guys. But, knowing that there are over 1000 dogs in that Taiwanese shelter (TUAPA), and that the only hope for most of those dogs to be adopted is to come abroad, I said "Okay, send me somebody easy though, since I already have two." They sent me a list of 50 dogs that were ready to come over. I couldn't really pick -even with videos, bios, etc. So they sent me the two dogs they thought would suit me best, and I chose Evee. Videos and biography combiend to show she was: good with strangers when they have a treat, very playful, very dog social, 90% housetrained, crate-trained and a good smaller size (like most Taiwanese dogs).

I think I stepped on Jerrad a bit though, bringing a third home so quickly after Gio and Buster arrived. Thankfully he got over it fast since Evee is a fairly easy dog. She's still a puppy (9 months), and she's medium/high energy, but she isn't annoying with all that, and after a good run around the yard or daycare (which she LOVES) she's content to snuggle up with you and watch a movie. And isn't a dreaded teenager yet -she listens pretty darn well and isn't stubborn.

But really, you just want some mediocre pictures don't you :)
Some pics of the crew.

The whole kit and kaboodle. Beckett, Gio, Evee and Buster after a good romp in the yard.


Buster's in heaven on the couch. Why oh why would a girl want to be stray when she has THIS to look forward to!


Evee quite likes Gio. If Beckett gets too rough in his blind husky dance, she uses him as armour.


And a couple of Evee on her first night exploring the yard:

No comments: