Friday, January 25, 2013

Penny Goes Home Tomorrow

Penny's new family is taking the ferry over tomorrow afternoon. I will miss Miss Penny. She has been a flawless happy companion here and a nice change from dogs I have to either work with in the manners department or the developing confidence department or both. Or the puppies which need work with everything but make up for it by being cute and usually cuddly. She is the rare few that makes her way in and just seems to 'belong'. I hope her family appreciates just how good of a dog she is!

We'll soon be fosterless for a few days, but we have an incoming Taiwanese pooch late next week.

Vibo is an 18 month old Golden Retriever mix. (and he's wearing a girly collar :P) He is from the same foster in Taiwan that Truffle came from, an awesome lady who saves only one dog at a time so that she can focus on the training and social skills. If he's anything like Truffle he'll be a more than welcome addition here!

Vibo

I have some boarding coming up quickly too but will hopefully still be able to foster come next TG bus run a few weeks down the road. I'm trying my best to get back into my writing groove and not let dogs take over that passion as they have for the last semester. Every night at 8:00 all the dogs get put away and I have two hours of "me" time. It is working so far.

To achieving more of a balance in the future.
Emily Out

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope there are pics. & updates on Penny! can you keep us posted? ... she looks like a very special dog.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

HiEmily I have a Q ? about your dogs from Taiwan ' how much is the adoption Fee? please . thanks Very much Pollyb

Emily said...

The adoption fee is $500, which includes their travel crate, leash, collar, spay/neuter and all the other things that usually come with a rescue dog.

For these big guys the travel crates are worth quite a bit!

Anonymous said...

thank you Emily its a very fair price. Some one i know has asked me . & love the blog' !pollyb