Friday, January 18, 2013

Two Months with Jinks, and Some Video!

Figured out if I switched browsers I could get the video/pictures back up so I'm now blogging off Firefox. Today marks two months since we've adopted Jinks. Sometimes it feels like we haven't had her very long, as she hasn't learned nearly as much as I'd of liked, and sometimes it feels like we've had her a lot longer. Mostly she is growing up. She is now 7 and a bit months.

A couple of shots from yesterday:

Pied-faced troublemaker.


Herding Mode
And here are some little videos of the Cheddar man and Miss Penny.

And some pictures of us having fun in the field:
Cheddar Zoom

Cheddar Playing with Jinks

A Small Break Between Wrestling

Beautiful, Loyal Penny

Cheddar found a Chicken Foot an Eagle left Behind :S

Penny and Cheddar playing with Jinks

Penny recalling in the field.
Cheddar is being adopted tomorrow :) He is going home with a great dog-savvy couple in Langford. He has been doing really well with his crate training and being more confident in staying in a room without a person. He'll probably go through some separation anxiety to begin with but I'm confident he will settle in just fine.

We're enjoying Penny until we're told she's adopted :) I believe there's an application in the works but I'm not on the up and up as it's in Vancouver. Training class tomorrow again. I'm definitely enjoying it, but it's more tiring than managing the dogs at daycare. I haven't talked so much in awhile.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Emily, I'm so glad you fostered Bogey (aka Cheddar) he learned so much from you. He's an amazing dog and his confidence is growing daily.
I'll bet he goes wild when he see's you at daycare this week!

Piper said...

Penny's recall is crazy amazing!! She turns on a dime! Love it.