Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy

In between important things such as moving, having a bit of a cold/flu I keep trying to repress for a more convenient time, work and training (for money, and foster dogs), there's always time for a good beach run with Jinks. At least once a week, sometimes more, I take Jinks up to the little secluded beach and chuck balls for an hour or so. In the water she'll fetch for almost ever, but a) I don't want her to overexert herself, b) I don't want her obsessing. I want her working. If the ball starts to become an obsession you lose all mental exercise, and c) I don't want to create a super athlete dog by running her more solid every day, so only an hour for us!

This beach hour is our time. For an hour or two every week she is my perfect girl (providing we meet no surfers she'd like to herd...) She is the center of my world, and Beckett, Lemon, fosters and board dogs all float out of the way. It's just me and my little workaholic. She has her bumps and lumps and horrible genetics and not so great early socialization with people so there are times where I need to be hard on her in order to keep her safe, but I know she's happy.

It can't get any better than this:




But now, back to reality.
Which has another happy tail. It looks like Levi will be going home!! More details tomorrow when things are finalized!!

No comments: