Monday, June 27, 2011

The "I'm Still Running Around with My Head Cut Off, but I Have Such Good Friends it Makes up for it" Blog

Things never go smoothly in rescue, and paired with the fact that nothing ever goes smoothly in getting ready for vacation, you are left with that spinning feeling your head that never really goes away.

Xena's adoption is a no-go as her adopter has found a better suited dog from another rescue. Although this leaves us in a bit of a lurch, no point getting bent out of shape about it. Xena will find a great home, another rescue dog has a great home, and hopefully I get more time to spend with my favourite lazy black dog.

Luckily, as quickly as I was left with a dog and a week off, my good friend and co-worker Allie -who gave Xena her name- volunteered to take Xena for the week. I couldn't have asked for a better temporary pit stop for Xena. Allie is amazing with shyer dog and bringing them out of their shells, so I know my girl is in perfect hands while I'm away.

Toast has had a bucket-load of application forms. One is already a no-go, but she has a place in Duncan, a place here in Victoria, a possible place in Sidney, and an application on Saturna Island. She is one popular scruffy terrier. We're still a little up in the air whether she'll go to a potential adopter for a week trial, or if she'll be boarding with my good friend and Kenobi's foster mum Meshum. Regardless, I feel like I'm choosing between gold piles for her. How do you choose the best home when there are so many homes that are amazing!

Either way, I need to head to work and continue running around with my head cut off for the rest of today until I have sealed the deal on where Toast will hang for the week. And then I need to pack. Oh vacation, I'm so ready to start you, but I need more time to get ready!

No comments: