Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Lazy Life of Xena

One of the things I like most about fostering is challenging myself with different personalities, breeds, temperments and finding new ways of making things work. I enjoy finding new ways to bring dogs out of their shells, engage their minds, and become good house pets to find their new families. My dear Xena however, has proved to be a big fat zero in the challenge department ---which is rubbing off on me and making me lazy!

Xena is basically like me, in dog-form. She's lazy unless she has motivation not to be lazy, she likes hanging out and observing, she can be a bitch (an appropriate bitch mind you, no aggression whatsoever, just a 'you'll pay attention to me' attitude) and she gets random fits of crazy energy at weird times -usually right before bed. She also gets grumbly when supper doesn't go down around 7pm (I am notorious for becoming the biggest bitch when I'm super hungry). She's even-tempered, go-with-the-flow, will adjust to anything kind of dog. And hopefully she'll find her home soon :)

Some pics of Xena being lazy.










And a few of the girls being silly this morning. Since Sail has gone to Lisa they've been a lot goofier. Toast has started to play tug, and whenever the laundry is out Xena has to start a sock collection. I've gone through my socks and have hidden ones with holes around the house so if she gets bored and finds one it doesn't matter. She doesn't chew on them, just collects them and sucks on them -and throws them up into the air and catches them too.







And of course, after my ranty blog about Toast taking some things slower, she's decided she'll walk properly on a leash if I just tie the leash to my pants instead of holding onto the leash. Go figure I was the one who needed to be trained :P

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Emily

No comments: