Friday, June 3, 2011

Tine Starts his Adoption Trial, and New TG Fosters

Wow, what a few days I've had. (And what a ridiculously long time this post has taken. I've had to save it at least 10 different times to go deal with dogs). Today I have much respect for Yvette for even managing to answer e-mail efficiently.

Hudson and Tia, my usual hiking buddies, came for two nights. They were supposed to be for one, but a missed ferry meant another day of whirlwind adventure. And it means today of no work as neither of the huskies are good at daycare and my house would be utterly destroyed if they stayed here alone for five hours :S Guess the money works out even, but I'd rather be at daycare ---Oh well, suck it up princess :P You're in for another 4 hours of hiking whether you like it or not. And really, I'd rather hike the pack than deal with them at home. At least with movement none of them get into trouble whatsoever.

These dogs are exhausting :S. I don't mind them, but they are exhausting. Tia because she is a hyperactive A.D.D. princess, and Hudson because he wants to be the man -except to Beckett. Beckett is 'the man'. Beckett made it very clear from the get go that 'his bed' was off-limits, and that my bed was also his. Hudson hasn't gone near either of them since he's been here. Old man husky for the win. Unfortunately old man husky decided after one night that he'd had quite enough and learnt how to shut himself in the bedroom to sleep.

Beckett being of no help whatsoever.


Apparently I did sleep at least a bit though: pack snooze. (This was before Beckett walked off to the room, wacked the door shut and was done until 8am.)



Tine is also leaving today for his two-week trial. I was kind of hoping to have him to myself for a bit longer without the other huskies, but say-la-vie. He really is a good husky and I have a feeling it'll take maybe two days for them to decide to keep him. He just has to be good with the cats (he's been a little curious on our visits, but is giving them lots of space, so I doubt he'll have issue, but as always, huskies and cats are a tricky situation).

We head over to Vancouver tomorrow for the weekend, and are going to Wicked!!!!!


After that, it'll be picking up my new TG Fosters: Toast and Sharona -two shy girls.




I'll be glad to be back to smaller dogs instead of a house full of huskies. I'd much rather deal with bringing dogs out of their shells than hyperactive nutcases. At least for weeks at a time :P.

Reality is I'm not getting enough boards though, so my boarding days are probably coming to an end soon. --which after these huskies I'm not quite as sad about :P

I'm going to have to go on the hunt for a part-time evening job a couple times a week. Something where I can still keep fostering and Jerrad can be home for a few hours here and there. Pull an extra 300 a month kind of thing.

Anyone want to sponsor a foster mum :P :P :P
Yeah right!!! Haha.

Emily

2 comments:

Lisa B said...

You need to work at a pet store...then you'd have an inside advantage for cheap or free/donated dog food, etc.

Maybe even take Beckett to work still.

camkid said...

Emily, I've loved your last 2 posts; sorry I didn't reply earlier; it's been crazy at my house with just one dog! I'm so happy to hear that Tine has a sleepover; I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed! Can't wait to meet you at the Dog Run.

I would love to send Silky to you for boarding for a few weeks; maybe you can work with her!

You'll have a fabulous time at "Wicked"; I saw the show on Broadway and was completely blown away with the story and the songs.

I'm sure it will be a lot quieter at your house with Toast and Sharona.
See you Sun and thanks for the great posts. PS, I think a pet food store would be a great place for you to find extra work.