Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Peanut Butter and Mud (+ Toast Chooses her New Home)

Nope, they aren't two new foster dogs. Its what the girls got up to on their last day before their vacations with Allie and Jenny.

Since it looks like both will be back with me when I get back -if only for a few days-, instead of being mopey, we decided to have a blast this morning.

Everyone gets some PEANUT BUTTER!

Toast also had one of her potential adopters coming to look at her, and yet again, simply a great match -with the bonus of this home having a Golden Retriever around the same age. Do you think Toast had fun with the retriever??

If level of saliva mixed with dirt to create mud is any indication :P
For the moment I've given up trying to decide which home is best for Toast, cause every home so far is ideal. I'm going to make a checklist on the plane and hopefully figure it all out (as if!)

Update: after Marla left with her retriever Noon I thought hard about placing her and all her possibilities, but it was pretty clear from the meet + greet Toast had chosen her new sister and family. They 'clicked'. Toast whined at the gate after they left, even with her usual friends inside. So, Toast was dropped off and adopted this evening. Noon showed her around her new digs and the contract was signed. Be good Toast, I know you will have a blast!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I had the pleasure of meeting Marla and Noon a couple of days ago, and immediately fell in love with Noon - such a well mannered, happy dog whose human obviously has invested much time in teaching and loving her. Toast is one very lucky girl, and since they are from my neck of the woods, I'm rather hoping I might see them around sometime!