Friday, June 24, 2011

Weigh-In! Black and Whites, and Getting Adoptions Processes Started

We've gotten in the habit of weighing ourselves every two-three weeks over this way (mostly cause a wee bit of competition doesn't hurt the waistline), so we decided to formally weigh the dogs. My weight-estimating wasn't too shabby either!

Toast isn't so sure about getting weighed.


Emily's weight guesstimate: 29 pounds
Toast's weight: 28 pounds

Beckett never looks like he's having a lot of fun on camera, but he doesn't actually mind being picked up.



Emily's guess: 50
Beckett's weight: 45.5 (apparently I don't know how to convert kg to lbs, cause I've always thought he was not quite 50 but he's been just over 45 pounds for nearly three years!)

Xena: What the hell are you doing to me. Oh well, too lazy to complain.


Emily's guess: 61 pounds
Xena weight: 58 pounds

So everybody is slightly lighter than I thought -including me (gotta love when that happens). Jerrad isn't revealing anything!

I've also been fiddling with the camera, and tried taking some black and whites. Beckett's look silly as he's pretty much black and white to begin with, but here are the two of the girls:





Toast looks cuter, but you know, she usually does!

And now, both girls have adoptions applications in the works, and I'm finding my mediocre name-memory skills falling apart. I can't imagine how Yvette manages to put all these e-mails to the right dogs. Its especially awkward when the previous e-mail is deleted and there's only a reply -without a dog's name-. Either way, Xena (who is going to be "Gemma") is heading over to Vancouver on Tuesday for a trial while I'm on vacation. Toast has an application, and after I posted some info about her on usedvictoria -and Carol of Victoria Adoptables so kindly put the TG dogs up on her site- there's been some more interest in her.

Since she needs confidence building, I've invited an interested young woman out for a walk with us -with the understanding that a walk really means nothing in the process-, and her true application will come visit her on Sunday to see if she'll be a good match. It's a good life Toast -boating, camping, living near the beach! Here's hoping you make you a good impression! Ahh, sometimes you wish you could be adopted ;P

Oh, and a video of the dogs being silly-goof-balls in the morning while Jerrad's trying to sleep. Shh... I got them going a bit ;)

1 comment:

Royal K9 Korner said...

I loved these pictures. It really helps to show the size of the dogs. I had always thought Beckett was somewhat larger than he actually is. Now I see he really is a slighter frame than I thought. Of course I'm such a streamlined fellow myself. ;-) I's just my sisters P. Mollydawg and Duchess Sammy that are the HORSELIKE creatures! (shhhhhhhh don't tell them I said that ))