Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hiking Trip

We headed out for our usual 1 1/2 hour Saturday hike to Devonian Park, one of our favourite hikes as there aren't very many dogs/people/noises/etc. Its a great place to work on leash skills, not be overly distracted (us or the dogs) and eventually work on off-leash skills. (Both Honey and May started off-leash here). Its about 1-2km of trail with a lot of ups and downs and then a big rocky beach.

I'm pretty sure it was Tine's first encounter with a beach! The waves made him jumpy, but he was curious about them too. It got rainy so we didn't stay at the beach long and got back under the protection of the trees.

Some pics from the hike. I'm trying to get more outdoor pictures as I find most of the ones I get are at home/the backyard. Which is nice and all, but with all the nice places we go hiking, I figure I should just take the camera (even if Jerrad finds it annoying :P)

So here are a few of them. I have an album on facebook for anyone to view if you're at all interested in more of my sub-par photography.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150197616018671.309346.729918670#!/media/set/?set=a.10150197616018671.309346.729918670






In other news, wrote up Kenobi's petfinder bio. Any pointers on how to write one would be helpful. I'm also thinking I might try to convince Meshum (Kenobi's foster mum) she should take his brother too :P

And, just for fun, since Tine will shake, I taught him to 'drive'. Tine's driving shots:

The "Drunk Driver" Look


The "Hey, what's shaking Lady?" Look


The "I'm such a cool dude" Look


Have a great weekend!
Emily

1 comment:

camkid said...

Emily, your photos are out of this world; especially loved the one of Tine "driving". I'd try it with Silky but she'd probably drive away! I love your blogs; they are so well written and I can't wait to meet in person one of these days.
thanks
Paula