Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Goes Home

On Friday May was officially adopted and headed off to my good friend Cathy's parents place (which is right on top of where Cathy herself lives). May ran in and you could hear London (Cathy's rescued ChiX) whining from the basement. London is like May's groupie. Wherever May is London wants to be right in there too!

That sassy May never even turned around to say goodbye! But what do you expect from an overly outgoing party animal. Maybe I'm starting to feel how my own mother felt when she dropped me off in Regina before I headed to the west coast.

Me/May: "SEE YOU LATER!!!!!!" Mum/Me: snuffle, snuffle.

Sorry mum. Haha, I doubt May's thinking that as she's off to her new life though. She got what she wanted/needed, and at the same time I'll be able to see her now and again.

I have to say I both miss her and am at the same time glad she's gone. No more silly zoomies, no more trying to figure out where she's dug herself inside all the blankets, no more tug-toy partner, no more shredded kleenex. But at the same time its left the house a lot more mellow and Beckett has his play partner back in Honey.

A couple of things I've learned from May:
a) There are some things that you will probably never shut down in a breed.
b) That although you're six and a half pounds you can wrestle with the big boys

and most importantly, that chihuahuas can (at least sometimes :P) be normal. If I ever were to have a tiny dog, it would have to be a dog like May.

A couple of pictures of May the morning before she left.





In other news, Honey has her homecheck on Tuesday. Fingers crossed all goes well -even though that leaves me with no more fosters for a bit.

No comments: