Saturday, July 7, 2012

Good News for Cindy

Cindy is due for arrival from Taiwan tomorrow, but she has a few different interested family (yet no official applications) in her on the mainland already, so she's going to go to a temporary Vancouver foster home so they can introduce her to possible new homes! I'm a little sad I most likely won't be fostering her -I'm here if she needs me-, but it's easiest on a dog to not move around more than they have to.

As a foster mum, it's never about me, but what's best for the dog. Still, I admit I'm a little mopey she probably won't be landing here. This blog will become pretty boring over the next few weeks until the next TG bus run, which is sloted for the end of the month. I'm a week in fosterless and a little bored to be perfectly honest -my own two dogs are amazing dogs, but they are... well, boring. Boring is good for day-to-day live-with-you-forever-ness, but not for keeping me occupied. Also, I will have no excuses not to get the cleaning done :P

So, I will try to focus on my writing, perhaps catch up with some old fosters, try my hardest to stay away from faces calling to me, and hopefully make a good dent on an online French course I started this month.

I've always wanted to catch up with some old fosters though and take some pictures of their new lives. If any of my previous adopters is reading this and wants to catch up, let me know. You will keep me occupied until my next incomings.

For now, here is Cindy, getting ready to come to Canada!
I'm trying not to be selfish and think none of the interested parties will want her ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,

AAh...Cindy is a sweetie but if she gets a quick rehomed with a super family...it's good, right? I am sure that there will be many fosters down the line who will benefit from for yr loving care...okay... and all those rules as well. Yesterday we met Eevee on the Dallas rd. dog walk...omg..what a fine little girl is she...\i had only seen one other pharoah hound type dog and when I saw her she looked so familiar. Her mom mentioned her connection with K9daycare and that she was a star at dog agility...no surprise there...man, she had such an athletic form and intense eye contact with smarts to back it up. What a cool dog.
Best,
cheryl