Saturday, July 28, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm FREE SUCKER and Max's Friend Minnie

Okay, this boy definitely has some Alaskan Husky in there somewhere. Sure, he's loyal Bernese Mountain dog inside the house, shadowing you wherever you go, but give the boy a tidbit of freedom and WATCH OUT!

Yesterday I decided since Max is coming along rather well I wanted to test him off-leash. I might be brain-dead sometimes but I'm not stupid, so I went down to the tennis courts with their 10 foot high chain link fences. I shut the door. I dropped the leash and let it drag. Max did his sniff around the whole court, came back to me a few times. Until...

He found the other gate wasn't firmed latched. He pushed it with his paw and his eyes got so big I knew exactly what was going to come next.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH I'm FREEEEEEEEE!!!

And thus, for a good fifteen minutes I was herding Max around about 5 acres of flat soccer fields. I'm lucky he didn't feel like going into the bushes and that he likes to mark A LOT so I could generally keep up with him.

I caught him while he was marking a particularly large tree, threw him in the car, took him home and completely ignored him for a few hours. This guy will be firmly on leash for the rest of the time he is with me. Beckett eventually became an off-leashable sled-dog so I'm sure Max can do it in the future, but with me I will not be chasing his stupid husky butt around five acres again. Not this foster mum!

On a really cool note though, Minnie, a shitzu who regularly boards with me came today and Max is twitterpated. She's like, oh, maybe 11 pounds or so, just a bit smaller than Lemon and he gets his flirty ears on and his whiny 'woo-woo' like the hottest girl ever just walked in the room. What a weirdo. He likes his friends on the small side!

There's a couple of applications in the works for Max, so I'm hoping his new home isn't too far around the corner.

Best,
Emily

No comments: