Thursday, July 12, 2012

Victoria Pet-a-Palooza

On August 12, there will be a fantastic rescue event in Victoria, right in one of the best and busiest off-leash dog parks -Dallas Road- we have. I'm wondering if we might be able to get Turtle Gardens involved. I would need some help -some adopters with their TG dogs, someone that wants to sit with me at a table. Oh and I guess we'll need a table too! Most importantly though, we'll need some dogs! People who love to talk are encouraged, as I can be a bit of a wall-flower. Cute dogs will help me though :)

Hopefully we can get a couple of adoptables out, but this far away time-wise, I'm not sure who will still be in foster care! If anyone wanted to come over from the mainland with their foster, that would be awesome too. I think I need to get the word out to the co-ordinators if we want to be involved, but it would be a fantastic resource to hit up so many dog people and let them know of us.

There will be no actual adoptions at the event, but we are allowed to bring an example of our critera for adoption and application form. Think of this as a big daddy of Tisol. This will be most likely over 4,000 people.

I'm thinking even if we had 8 dogs total -fosters included- that would be a good amount to keep civilized but look full :) Let me know if you'd like to help!

For more information on the event, you can find it here: http://www.jlasociety.com/#!events

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I can help you with a Turtle Gardens table at this event on August 12th.
I don't have a Turtle Gardens dog but formerly lived in PG and have been a TG supporter for a few years.
Last fall I moved to Langford so would be able to get to Dallas Road easily to help you.
Email me at skatenorth(at)live.ca and I will give you my name and phone number.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I live on Salt Spring with my beautiful T.G dog Bekka - I am interested in helping out.
I can talk about the dogs!.. especially since you are such a wall- flower(you're joking right)
Wendy J.