Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Name Change for Hershey

I've only changed the name of one of my foster dogs previously (though I have thought about it for lots more). Hershey just sounds like a name for a male chocolate lab to me, and not for a grey sled dog mix.

So, since she wasn't on petfinder yet, she is going by the new name "Luma", which is short for Luminous. She's a little piece of sunshine -very cheerful dog. Super affectionate, nice and gentle, just needs to learn not to jump in excitement. Nice and active outside, really nice off-switch in the house. She is velcro'd on to Jerrad now, follows him wherever he goes. Dog social, but she loves people more. I think she'd be really happy with a jogger dad or even an active semi-retired couple. She's definitely going to end up being one person's dog though.

Both her an Emmett slept through the night  in their crates last night, although getting them originally in was a bit of an obstacle. On the bright side, they didn't budge until after 8:00am when I finally rolled over to look at the clock. How we lasted that long is beyond me, as I'm usually up at 6:00 on the nose. A good sleep in was a nice thing though -especially coming off a pretty nasty cold-.

A couple walks, a homecheck that didn't really pan out for Emmett (too soon after the lost of their previous dog), and some play time and the pups are tuckered out. I didn't get the camera out for Emmett yet as he has good pix, but here are some for Luma.

A little bit of a goofy side.

I really like this one. She really is this devoted to her person!

The only not overly blurry body shot I could manage.

She's a bit of a serious, 'old soul' kind of dog. She really seems like a shepherd
with a husky streak, despite what her outward appearance says.

To a full week ahead. Oh, and on a side note, Suhki has figured out the best way to deal with the silly puppy is to hang out with Lemon -cause the puppy no longer bugs Lemon-. Veda likes to play with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luma.. I like that one.
Pretty name.. pretty dog.
W.