Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Rescue Birthday Lemon!

It's hard to believe it's been a year and a day or two since Lemon has been in our lives. She was with us a month before we adopted her, so her official birthday is Oct 27th, when we signed the papers, but I wanted to mark it anyway.

And today, covering all our basic skills in my training class -in order to teach them, we have to teach our dogs-, I'm pleased to say Lemon kicked some border collie ass. Miss flying colors! The "Rescue" dog. AMAZING recall, and she can down right in the middle of a zoomie. My little girl is growing up!

I'm hoping to get her PATS certified soon so that she can visit the hospitals. She's a people social butterfly, and a very confident dog. Who would have thought she'd have turned out so well. I thank Beckett buckets and buckets as really, he's the one whose behaviour she's copied.

To my young, smart, beautiful girl, to many, many more years together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww ...little lemon.. what a cutie !
& the love and work really pays off.
Dogs are so amazingly responsive.
Wendy