Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dickory Heads Home

Sometimes you find a dog and person just 'mesh' together. Like they are built from the same stuff. Although I ran around a lot for Dickory, and she had applicatons out the ying-yang, I knew it would take someone silly, but also at the same time able to be strict too. Someone adventerous, active, but at the same time likes a good snuggle after the party is over. Dickory was a great dog, but she was indeed a pushy dog.

This afternoon she jumped into her new Dad's BMW and headed home. He's a young guy who is a project manager for a computer company, works mostly from his condo and wants a good active partner and he's willing to work to make a good companion. I'm sure Dickory will give him a good run for his money to start with! She's fearless that one! She'll totally walk all over you if you don't give her leadership and DIRECTION.

Fosterless for at least a few days. The golden retriever they wanted to send me is being adopted, but apparently they have another golden -female this time- that they would like to send instead. Sure, why not. Not like they are going to be around long enough to get annoying :P Another TG foster or two on the 22nd.

For now, I should probably get a move on cleaning my house. The furballs are gaining ground. And I might just be fosterless for my birthday. Hmmm... that might mean I you know, have to DO something instead of having a really good excuse of 'well, I need to exercise all these guys, and then I need to cuddle them all, and then in need to feed them all, and then I need to pee them all'.

If anyone wants to know how to stop spending lots of money on random stuff, get yourself a foster dog! They keep you home more often. It's good on the wallet!

No comments: