Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wow, Now THIS is a PUPPY -and other things

The best laid plans often go astray, but usually things end up okay in the end. So, Josh went home as I was playing phone tag with Denise to figure out when the ride was getting on the ferry, Jerrad got our new TG fosters, albeit a little on the late side, and as per usual, who I'm fostering got changed last minute (this time for a medical reason). Such is rescue.

So, I bid farewell to Josh, and I came home to...

ONE HUGE PUPPY!

Emmett is a 5 month old Black Lab, Pyrenese, possibly Newfoundland mix puppy who is already bigger than Beckett (Beckett is about 50 pounds). Oh what gangly legs he has, and such a big head and paws. But he still hasn't lost most of his puppy teeth! He is so friendly and soft and is content to chew on his nylabone by our feet. He's a puppy, but he isn't as high strung as many lab puppies are, and he's oh so loveable. Still, I'm glad I started networking him early -he's got applications already! We will hopefully hit up the first one tomorrow :).

Emmett the Colassal Puppy
I was supposed to be fostering Rumi, who's a border collie mix, but due to eye infection she got swapped out at the last minute so she could be treated at Dr. Ubi's. So instead, I get a dog Jerrad is goo-goo over... yep, a HUSKY mix... (a sled-dog mix...) I have the feeling I'm going to have to pry him from his hot little paws. One husky is enough for me!

Hershey's TG pic. 10 month old, 50 pound Sled-dog mix.
Pictures over the next few days, but for now, lots of rest. Both are good dogs, probably on the medium, possibly medium-high energy level once they settle in from their transition period.

Lemon is playing the 'what to do?' game. She wants to tell Emmett off cause he's a big goofball, but she knows he's just a baby, at the same time she doesn't want to be squished by paws bigger than her head. Emmett is fairly respectful, he's just being a puppy. Lemon's response is now just to stay out of his way. He likes Beckett better anyway -Beckett is always ridiculsouly cheerful for new foster dogs. It's almost as if he lives to be a foster brother. Sometimes I just think he's a weirdo.

Veda and Suhki who are here are having the opposite response as I thought they would. Veda is very happy for visitors after she gives the little 'raw raw I'm Veda, the only one above me is that Lemon dog' to which of course Lemon gives her a little tell off and she shuts up. Suhki isn't quite sure about the big visitors but they're being respectful so he'll get over it in a few hours. I totally thought it would be been social butterfly Suhki and Veda with her nose in the air all fussed about it. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Hopefully both pups sleep through the night. Just coming off a cold and would like some peace and quiet. At least with the TG pups I know they are used to being mostly calm inside, so I shouldn't have to worry too much :)

To whatever adventures await.
Emily Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Becket thinks/knows his "job" is to be foster brother.
Dogs are so interesting that way and many love to have their 'job'.
When I took Bekka with me to work in a store;
She soon learned that her " job" was to meet &greet people.
It was really cute to see and that behavior has stuck.