Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Great Homecheck for Sunshine + Some Extra Tidbits

I might be counting my chickens (bad karma), but I believe Sunny Sunshine has found her forever home in Nanaimo. What a great homecheck we had! Sunny was soooo impressed by the plenthora of available toys. She's a toy-a-holic. She showed a little bit of guarding with Vibo tonight -the first I've seen beyond the smallest of growls and lifted-lip-, but after I tossed all the toys into a different room she changed her tune when they came back out in half an hour. Toy withdrawal. MUST HAVE TOYS.

Vibo has an application but I've sent back a couple of clarification questions. After seeing a lot of applications I find there are 'big red flags' that mean "nope, ain't gonna work", but there are several orange flags that really could mean from one extreme to the other and anywhere in between. Little flags that could spell disaster, OR could be an awesome family that didn't express what they wanted to quite as clearly as I needed. I like to give the benefit of the doubt and instead of dismissing them right away, I just ask for them to describe it to me. It gets tricky because you have to lay out all the options and not make it sound obvious which one you WANT them to pick. It's happened before that people just tell you what you want to hear so you will adopt them the dog. I guess judge of character is also a practiced principle!

So we shall see what gets e-mailed back. Except for the two little orange flags the rest of the application looks promising. It's still early yet though, I just posted him yesterday so there might be a flood of apps on the horizon.

We have Frankie from TG here tonight and she gets to hop on a plane to her forever home tomorrow. For being labelled feral, she quite happily jumped up on me and my computer and gave me a great big face wash. ----Why is it that I keep getting 'feral' dogs do that?? First Suzie, now Frankie. She's a cute little thing though, pretty darn friendly. Not much taller than Lemon but more solid. She hasn't paid attention to the other dogs as of yet, but everyone headed for bed just before she got here for 9:30. Vibo decided try to put himself to bed with Jinks tonight and was given such a dirty look he fled for his own crate instead. He's a funny guy and going to make some family very happy for sure.

Long day tomorrow, but looking forward to late afternoon when I get to curl up on the couch with my Lemon and my Jinks (who turns cuddly ONLY after a good run in the mud).

News soon,
Emily

No comments: