Sunday, February 17, 2013

Guess What?

I didn't get Guess. Not so much a surprise! Nothing is final until they arrive it seems. So, instead we are fostering Guess' brother Wrangler. He played a little shy at first -it's a scary experience to leave all your siblings, take a big drive and end up with lots of new people and on a ferry to boot!-. However I have a secret weapon and it's called: McDonalds. I have not met a dog shy enough to withstand the aroma of a tasty, greasy, horrible but altogether tasty McDonalds hamburger patty. On a bad day, you will usually find me in the drive-thru for a Bacon Cheeseburger deluxe too. If I can't escape the power of McDonalds neither can a dog who has a nose a million times more sensitive than mine.

So, needless to say after all of a minute, Wrangler decided he wasn't so shy, and that we were suddenly the best thing on earth. He is a little velcro pup -much like Cheddar (now Bogey) was. He is underfoot and always looking up at you. I have cuddled him extensively :). I might even decide to bring him to bed with me.

Right now he is happily chewing away on his tasty chewy snack. He peed outside as soon as he hit grass. Jinks is peeved he hasn't shown any interest in playing with her. She looks at me like "I think you brought home a dysfunctional one, this one doesn't play."

Some pictures soon. It's kind of nice only having one new foster to integrate and worry about.

He might pull a fast one in the next few days and suddenly get lots of energy, but so far I don't see more than a nice medium energy.

Oh, and bonus: Jinks seems to have MOSTLY got over her stupid guarding food tendencies. You can give everyone a chewy treat now and even if she's finished hers, she won't go and snipe at others. AND if someone is finished before her and comes to snoop she doesn't give them a lash out. Lots of maintenance to go with it, but a big improvement from where she started. Beckett was instrumental in sorting her out though.

Pup update soon,
Emily Out

No comments: