Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lemon Look Alikes!


Have a look at the video of this dog Roxy -I assume she's in Victoria-, a 9 month old sweetie. Recently spayed (looks like a crap job to me!) but man the facial expressions and ears/face looks just like my little northern mutt. Part of me just wants to e-mail them to foster her!
http://ruffstartdogrescue.blogspot.ca/2013/03/roxy_20.html

But I'm going to be getting another Lemon look-alike sooner than later actually.

Coleman
Coleman is a 9 month old Chi x Pom. Him and his buddy were picked off the highway and deemed "aggressive, rescue only" as when they were caught they turned around and nipped the officer. His buddy was unfortunately put to sleep before someone could save him, but Coleman was saved in the knick of time. He has already spent some time in Canada -coming up on a week now, just in a quarantine home making sure he is kennel cough free and other things free- A good set up for these overseas pooches who don't have to go through official quarantine (you don't want to know how many tests Taiwanese dogs have to go through to even make it over here!).

I've tried to be a good girl and stay away from Californians and stick to BC dogs and Taiwanese dogs, but that face just killed me. Forgive me. No matter what the circumstances TG fosters always have Yvette and Dave to count on, but this little guy, at such a young age, he had only me. I had to at least give a him a chance.

One of my favorite quotes: "'Saving one animal won't change the world, but surely the world will change for that one animal.'' It should also read that it'll change the world for his adopter too, but that might get a little wordy.

Dear Coleman, you're probably going to get in me trouble as I promised I had sworn off California saves over a year ago (I've been so good since then), so you better be worth it!! Yours sincerely, the woman that saved your life.

No comments: