Friday, March 15, 2013

Petsmart Trip

Very rarely do I stop into Petsmart -and for good reason-, but today it had to be done. My nylabones were getting dangerously close to that 'choking on' stage, and the two cheapy tug toys from the dollar store which earned every penny of their price with Jinks, Leila and my board dog since the Cane Corso three-way tugging them for the last week. Cinder with his huge mouth and powerful jaws can't be trusted with some of the more expensive toys, they'd be destroyed too quickly. So, I was in need of some powerful chew toys to last me through the last few days of Cinder's stay here.

One Petsmart trip later -which was supposed to be just for a bigger nylabone or two-, I've got the hugest Nylabone I can find (it's literally almost the size of my arm), two erratic bouncing balls for Jinks -they are fantastic, they are balls that don't stop moving so they self-entertain her, three heavy-duty tug toys that look and feel like they should be able to stand up to lots of toy between tug-crazy dogs, a sharp black leather collar for Jinks (time she looks like a proper collie), and a big black EXTREME chewer kong that I'm hoping Cinder might not destroy. I got fantastic deals, but at the same time it definitely racked up.

So, I'm not going to Petsmart for at least a few more months! And I'm definitely not going just after I got paid for two weeks of boarding.

But right now I'm very happy as we're just settling down to a movie. Jinks has the nylabone and is happy as a clam, Cinder is zonked out in his crate after a long day of daycare, Lemon had a play with one of the erratic balls and is now cuddlebugging and Leila is deciding which toy she wants -though she almost always just wants whatever someone else has-. Beckett meanwhile is going "Oh, you just brought home toys. GEEZ, thanks."

PS: I've very proud of my previous very toy-guardy border brat. New toys and everything and she's sharing fantastically. You wouldn't even know she has/had an 'issue'.

In other small news, in the last three or four days she's finally started to notice our chickens (they've been here since she's come) and is showing LOTS of herding instinct over them. We have to pry her away from the corral sometimes. I have my fingers crossed her herding instinct is kicking in and in a few months we might have a successful go on some sheep. If not, agility it is!

To our movie!

No comments: