Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pipe Dreams

Sometimes a rescue sugar daddy would come in handy.

I have a friend who rescues down in the states who gets to rescue -she has her own little facility-, and work part-time as her husband is able to be financially backing. That said, Jerrad is the second best dog pillow in this house (I'm #1) so I wouldn't trade him. Who else would put up with me?

But wouldn't it be nice to have a little rancher on some land with a nice big fenced yard. Maybe a room-mate who also loves dogs and fostering? Room for 3-6 fosters at a time? Maybe eventually my own little boarding business.

I can dream. For now, I keep stalking craigslist hoping to come across some kind-hearted person with a soft-spot for rescue dogs. One foot in front of the other :)

In foster news, Cinderella as been re-networked and seems to be generating a lot of interest. We'll see who sends back and application. Floof now has a potential application with the owner of a pet store in downtown Victoria, where he would be the store's ambassadog! I have my fingers crossed. He is an ideal little dog to go to work in a shop, since he is ridiculously dog social. He is getting less and less shy with new people too. Hopefully it works out for him :) Who wouldn't want to be greeted by the little fluffypants.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your ideal place.
If I had a place for rent in victoria... I'd rent to you!
My dog loved being the meet & greet girl in a retail store.. & soon got the hang of her job... she still thinks that's her 'job' now in most situations.