Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Out With the Wisdom

I'm back from my wisdom-tooth removal adventure in Vancouver that wasn't much of an adventure at all. My sleepy pills kept me up most of the first 48 hours, and although I was in not much pain, it's amazing how little you can eat when you can't chew. For someone that works with dogs 6-7 hours a day, and does 1-2 hours of activity besides, I always forget just how much I do eat. I sure hope my pants fit after these two weeks of semi-liquid diet! My wedding dress too for that matter.

I wanted to get over to see Yvette since she is in Vancouver, but I'm such a rural person I couldn't configure the skytrain or buses, let alone under high amounts of pain killer. So I did what I do best: I grumped and tried to make new plans.

For the last year or so, possibly more our landlord has been flip-flopping on whether to sell the property. Now that our lease is coming up again, I think he's thinking about the possibility more strongly. If you're going to sell nice rural property, you should do it in the summer time and I definitely DO NOT want to live in a place that has people coming and going at all times. We're not dirty, but to keep a big four bedroom place in gleaming glory all the time.

So, we're off to look at two different places tonight. One is a little rancher on the outskirts of Langford, where I could get a boarding license. The other is a two bedroom suite with a private yard, much less expensive but I'm not sure if fostering/boarding would be an option. It's definitely going to be a bit of a trade-off, and I really love the farm, but I can't really have Jinks nipping the landlord, plus with Kathleen gone the farm is a little expensive on two.

We shall see. I'm hopeful karma can find us a little piece of peace and quiet that will allow us to continue to foster, even if on a much smaller scale.

Will report in with details. It's an exciting time, but also an anxious one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,

Hope that u heal quickly and that all of yr housing dreams fall into place. We loved having Floof for the weekend. He is such an interactive, biddable little clown...He was stellar on leash walks, great with other dogs and we found nothing phases the confident little monkey. O yes...he is the most affectionate cuddlebug, was pretty good with tooth brushing and issues adorable wee sighs of pleasure when curled up in a cozy little ball and receiving strokes. He will be a perfect dog for some lucky person. Cheers, Cheryl & Peter