Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Imp is Growing on Me! -and an Unfortunate Turn of Events for Gio

Just to be clear, Evee won't be being adopted here, but damnit, she's a whole bundle of fun. I secretly have my fingers crossed she'll stay awhile longer, but alas, she's SO good, I really doubt it she has much longer here. Which is probably best for new fosters anyway, since TG has taken in countless dogs this summer and is most likely over 70 dogs currently! (SHHH, I have my eye blazing on my next foster dog, I just hope I get him! So, please foster spirits or whatnot, hold out the 3-4 days until the next bus run so that I can foster him! Oh, and send someone else who needs me I guess.)

Anyhoots, back to Evee. She got a little mopey after Jersey the Great Dane went back home, but now that its just Beckett and her, the two of them play like nobody's business. So much for Beckett on bedrest -apparently he just needed attention hog Gio to leave! That brat of mine, doesn't want any attention when its just him, but get some other dogs in, and all of a sudden he wants a piece of his people. So I wasted $50 on a trip to the vet I didn't need afterall. No more garlic toast crusts for him!

Some pics of Evee and Beckett:

Big head, little head

Sneak Attack!

Go for the legs!

Beat up my Brother!

I'll take first watch.

Cuddling in the dirt. This picture makes me kinda of want to keep her :S

And some of Evee on her own:



 Cheeky Bugger!

Cuddling with Jerrad

 After the Grasshoppers!

 And some cuddling shots of when Jersey and Gio were here:



And a video of Evee playing with Jerrad. She's awfully silly.

As for my poor Gio, alas, his adoption has not panned out. Since he is with Benita -spending a few days there before he was supposed to go to his new digs-, he's looking for another foster family to let him snooze on the couch, kiss their faces, and hang out with. If we can't find him another foster home, he's welcome to come back here, regardless of Beckett's attitude about it. Gio is a gem, he'll fit in almost any home (Cesar groupies not allowed) and is a very 'easy' dog. Love, 30 minutes of exercise, and lots of cuddle time is all he needs to be the very happy guy that he is. He's the kind of dog that will be fine being left for the workday, that you look forward to coming home and spending time with.

So, although he's more than welcome to come back into foster here, I know there are quite a few dogs who need a more experienced foster home. But my first commitment is to Gio -my second to the shy guys and gals waiting in the wings.

Good luck Gio! I might see you again this weekend, but if I don't, best wishes big fella!


No comments: