Monday, September 5, 2011

Nutshell Blog

I promise you more later, but for now, a bulletpoint breakdown

  • Missed Martha/Mila's transport time. Whoops (back coordination, too much summer, etc)
  • Getting a homecheck for Trunk's best option has been difficult. So...
  • Making a break for Tofino tonight. Dropping Martha/Mila off in Port Alberni on the way.
  • Hopefully managing a double homecheck/adoption with Trunk in Tofino
  • Camping the night with whoever doesn't still go smoothly. Which will hopefully be: Beckett, Ren, Chula and Antoinette. Which would be awesome, cause I can just leash them all to Beckett :) (mean mother, making my working dog work!)
  • When we get back Ren starts her one-week trial!! No more having to share the comfiest spots in the house!
  • Chula and Antoinette have an adoption pending! Together! Their new mum is a cat foster mum who is just getting her own house. Chula and Antoinette (now: "Nettie") will join their new family in a few weeks once their all moved in!
  • I'm being drawn to another dog from California. Sept long weekend is painful. Over 40 highly adoptable dogs (that's only the ones they network extensively) through the shelter Chula and Antoinette are from have their last safe day on Tues.That's not included the hundreds that didn't make the "PERFECT" or "NEAR-PERFECT" classes that get the networking.
This is Scarlett. An Irish Setter mix. 1 year old. Mostly, her video got to me. (click the link under the picture to see the video)

I wasn't going to open my big mouth again, but, this girl really does call to me -and she'd have to spend a week and a half getting ready for transport here anyway. The videos of these dogs really do me in. Although they won't take over my TG dogs, its a hard nut to crack that I might be this girl's only chance at living. Not only at a foster home, but her whole life.

I can't imagine how rescues do it. I've said no a lot (many other pleas have come my way in pictures/videos), but sometimes when you really want to say no, you grab some part of your inner idiot and say yes.

Here's hoping she's saved by someone else first, but don't be surprised if she lands here closer to October.

And for now, I'm going to go finish packing the car up. Tofino here I come!

No comments: