Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Okay -Somebody (or thing) is Listening

And seems to have a lot of power. (BTW: please send money okay?)

Ren went for her second trial yesterday, and within 2 hours got away from the people. With a touch of dramatic irony, I forgot my purse and we doubled back later to find out (no cell phone to find out any sooner). We scouted the streets for a few hours for her, but darkness overtook efforts and eventually we went home.

I spent most of the night and part of the morning posting to websites, etc, that she was missing. Luckily, when I came home from work tonight, she was found safe and someone took her in for the night. The trialling family, although very nice, admitted that although they didn't mind working with a dog, that they didn't feel they had the energy to put into a dog -even one as calm as Ren-. Fair enough, and although I love the fact that retired people have lots of time and usually money to put towards their dogs, energy has a lot to do with it too. And just because you're active, doesn't necessarily mean you have the mental energy, or the willpower to really have a dog (unless its one of those Chihuahuas that are more like throw pillows :P).

ITS OKAY NOT TO HAVE A DOG!
---there, I said it.

So Ren's coming back, will be her usual low-key, happy-dog self again, and I'm going to wait a few weeks to look at any further applications. Moving a dog around isn't good, and this time, I want a full out adoption. None of this trial business, none of this 'maybe' type of business. I want someone that truly, madly, deeply wants to adopt Ren.

So, I guess I'll get to enjoy her for awhile yet. Which is fine by me. She definitely isn't my forever dog as she's just too easy (actually, thinking about it, it seems to be harder to find the perfect match for an 'easy' dog than a harder dog ---the people who apply for the harder dogs know better what they're getting into), but she's welcome for as long as needed to find THE ONE.

Okay ---so now I'll suck it up and enjoy the calm.

No comments: