Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ren is Headed to her Forever Home

Okay, I still haven't fixed the darn camera. That's the mission for today, but Ren was picked up yesterday from daycare, and has landed in Nanaimo! Today she'll be heading to her forever home.

Over the month she became very attached to everybody here. Beckett was her Beckett, she'd wag her tail furiously whenever Jerrad or I would come home. She'd go for an hour nap and greet us as if she hadn't seen us in weeks. She learned to play with manners, and not her weird Tazmanian Devil whirlwind play style, which absolutely no one on this side of the border knew how to deal with! (Which was very funny, cause I assume many of the Taiwanese dogs must play this way, or else I don't know where she would have learnt it!)

When Trunk was here, Ren was pulled out of her grumpy bubble, and the more the month went on, the more she tolerated boarding customers and went from "they're stealing my paradise!" to "PLAY PARTNERS!".

We had our frustrating moments too -most especially when she peed on my fabric car seat when we went up to Tofino! She was never a morning or night-owl dog, and we either had to pry her out of her crate in the morning, or we had to shuffle the crate to the door and dump her out of it. She had no care if she peed on the carpets (unless she was caught) and even now, she gets this little glint in her eye when the second bedroom door is left open.

Ren learned to love daycare, and made best friends with old foster Dayo (now Suhki), who has been boarding for a few days. Wherever she went, she made people smile. And I'm sure she'll continue to do so in her new home! Updates soon I'm sure :).

In other news, TG bus run. No concrete idea of who is coming -which is a little scary, since I assume they load the bus in a few hours! But I'll most likely be getting two new recruits.

And for the Chihuahuas, under 2 weeks until they join their mummy full-time! Oh, and due to unforseen circumstances, I might be getting another CA dog before Christmas. My mum's birthday present to me was $300 towards saving a dog that will be euthanized in CA. After reading the Chis story, and learning more, I guess she wants me to keep up the good work. I was hoping to go back to doing mostly TG dogs, and the odd Taiwanese, but now I have the difficult position of $300 bucks and a whole slew of faces to save.

I really don't like playing this "I get to pick who lives, and in return, who might not get to" thing. To be fair, I guess if I don't, that's just one more life who doesn't make it. Everytime I look at Antoinette and Chula I just don't get it. I don't understand why they'd ever be given up. They're easy, quiet, super-affectionate. They love people -they love strangers up with ease-, they're fine with other dogs, with cats, with scary noises. They cost maybe $10 a month to feed! Both were given up due to being too expensive! I still don't get it -but I guess this is what rescue is a lot of the time.

I know there are people who give awesome dogs up for no good reason over here too, but man. Nuts!

Anyway, going to get that camera fixed so that when the TG dogs arrive tomorrow, I have pictures!

Emily Out!

No comments: