Friday, November 4, 2011

Adam, Who Needs a New Name

There is much in common with dog rescue and potato chips. Most importantly, "Once you start, you just can't stop." It seems to be as true for my love of junkfoods (which is why I don't buy them!) and my fostering/rescuing.

Since today, I saved Adam.

He was past his last safe date, and although he MIGHT have been adopted before the long walk to the back, I wasn't about to take a chance on a MIGHT.

I went: "Now Emily, there is only so much in the bank, and things are already starting to look tight" -and then I looked at his stupid video again, and went 'well dammit, I'll eat the beans and weiners, and at least feel good that someone got to live cause I was nice enough to eat beans and weiners."

So Adam was pulled today and is in temporary boarding. Everyone is gushing over him so far. Gentle, sweet, affectionate, laid-back and easy going is what the shelter handlers, his transporter, and the kennel attendant report. And, somehow he's kennel-cough free!

In other news, Kane and Lady have meet+greets on Sunday. I have my fingers crossed for them. As much as I would like to see the faces I've saved stay with me a bit, its more important that they make as few transistions as possible.

And now, to call it a night. I'm feeling a flu starting to come on, and have decided to fight it off early to avoid it doing me in for a week when I really can't be down for a week. ORANGE JUICE!!! I don't particularly like orange juice, but whenever I start to feel ill its as much orange juice down the hatch as possible. Vitamin C overload usually = saved from the worst of the bugs going around.

Night,
Emily

2 comments:

Piper said...

Hi Emily,
I was wondering if you had an email address I could contact you at? I would love to know more about the process involved in fostering/rescuing dogs from California.

Emily said...

Hi Piper,

My e-mail is garlande@uvic.ca I'll give you all that I know, which might not feel like much.

Best,
Emily