Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lease Signing, Potential Applications, and a Cold Coming On

This week has been a mountain of little tiny things that string together to create chaos. Luckily Thursday is my day off, so I'm camping out at home catching up on my massive amount of homework. Lots of Orange Juice will hopefully keep me away from "The Cold" that is slowly creeping up on me! No, no cold until the end of next week, when most of the chaos will return to peace.

Big submissions due next week for class, so I apologize if I'm empty. And to Nancy -I didn't forget about the Sheriff Dog's Book. I'm just collecting some old Beckett pics to throw his mini story in with yours! Once the hell of next week's Master's Submissions is finished, I will get right on it!

Okay, so first off, we signed our lease! Which is SO exciting. Fostering will be back on the agenda for the new year! We'll be looking for a roomie to help out with the rent, and with 4 bedrooms, it won't be hard for someone to have their own space -we have 2 livingrooms for crying out loud, oh, and dishwasher :). Anyway, my head is seeing all the $$$ signs, and although its a good deal, and I'm glad we signed the lease and all, damage deposit, pet deposit, and not getting those back from the current place for over a month is well, my bank account is crying slightly. (not so much that I'll raid Beckett and Lemon's Vet account, but its kind of tempting!) I'm off tonight to see if I can find some seasonal work for 10-15 hours as I could use a couple hundreds for the holidays. And depending on if I can find something, and what it is, I might just suck it up and not board. But its all up in the air right now.

Secondly, since Kane and Lady have been on Victoria Adoptables they've had interest. Most interesting is the interest they've gathered from this blog alone. Both Kane and Lady have an application each from a TG supporter. In Yvette's words: how cool is that. Or, she might be shouting 'you're stealing my adoptions!'

The most annoying thing mind you is the few e-mails I've got asking how much the adoption fee is. When the FIRST thing you ask in your e-mail is "how much is the adoption fee", sorry, but that raises alarm bells for me. Luckily, those three e-mails, once the adoption fee was stated (which is $350, which covers bringing them up, etc, IE: break-even if nothing goes wrong), I heard nothing back. Dogs are NOT for free! If $300-$400 is a problem, I would hate to think of what would happen if the dog got sick and had thousands of dollars of vet bills.

I mean, I have $1500 stashed away for Beckett -I should put some in there for Lemon too!- for Just In Case Emergency funds. I've had it there since we adopted him actually. I haven't had to touch it, but its there. Ironically, I don't have an emergency fund for myself. Go figure.

Anyway, Kane has a possible, and Lady has 2 possibles. Exciting, but at the same time, I hate having to choose! Meet and greet for one of Lady's possibles this weekend though, and the other one is UP NORTH. As always, I will go with my gut. So far it hasn't steered me too far off course.

I have the feeling that at least one of them will be 'completely spoken for' by the time they arrive. :)

And silly old me has another dog in the works. Adam, who was posted in the last blog, has his last safe day today. That video -like Antoinette's in the beginning- whallops me. I can't let him die. I'll eat beans and weiners for the month before I let him die. He's too frigging adorable to let die.

So, Adam will most likely be saved, hang with Jen until he can come here or we move, or he's adopted. IF Kane and Lady have homes, I'll sneak him in here -after all, I have the go-ahead for one small dog as my last foster. He might be a little bigger than Kane (okay, like 4 TIMES bigger), but so be it. I'm such a pansy. I didn't even click his video -it just came up randomly when I clicked another dog's video-! His picture alone wouldn't have done me in. Fate? I really should just stop looking already.

Adam
Adam's video: please watch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxjjn0TV_g8

Dear Adam's furever family, he did me in, so I saved him. I will eat beans and weiners for your boy. Just give him a warm, forever home where he never has to worry about being in a shelter again.

If any readers can forward Adam's pic and video on to potential families, that would be awesome!

Alright, back to the mountain of chaos. Remind me again why I'm going to look for more work tonight. No rest for those who are done in by needy dogs.

And I don't even have a full-house. (I'd rather the full-house, cause that means I don't go looking for more!)

Emily Out

No comments: