Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Arrivals Galore

First off, on Sunday I promise I will fill any and everybody in on the tuggie situation I'm gathering all the info tomorrow, but will need a couple of dedicated hours to make sure its good to go. Between work, flu symptoms (that thank goodness I've conquered by nearly drowning myself in orange juice), hunting for a seasonal job to pay the bills, submissions for my Master's program and figuring out my California dogs, I've been a little ragged.

That said, suddenly everything comes together. Kaiser and Adam arrive on Friday (in Abbotsford. If anyone can work some magic and get them to the ferry, that would be stellar awesome! But I'll go over if I need to).

Kaiser will be fostering with Amber from Island Dogz.
This was the dog I saved for my birthday -finally making it to Canada!

And about-to-be-euthanized-did-me-in-with-his-video-and-those-damn-eyes Adam (who I think I might rename Grishum), who will be staying with me as Kane has a home lined up :) :)

And, to make the weekend even more interesting, the Chihuahuas come in the very next morning! I'll be picking them up at the airport and bringing each one to their new home!

Chata (now Jinny) will be on one-week trial with her new parents. She will live above Chula and Antoinette, also saved from Baldwin Park Shelter. Good luck Jinny!

Kane has a one week trial with his new family, which includes Leroy, a confident Doxie X. I'm hoping that they'll rub off on each other. Leroy giving shy Kane some confidence, and Kane giving Leroy some of his calmness. Good luck Kane! Plus, they'll be two too cute little black dogs. I love matching families!

Lady had a fantastic home-check, and we even made sure the cat was going to be okay with dogs. Lemon helped (sort of), mostly she wanted to play with the darn cat. Anyway, Lady will be going to one-week trial, that I have no doubt will turn into a forever match. She'll have two older kids, and two committed adults. You lucked out Lady! Be a good girl in your forever home!

Alright, well, back to the chaos that is my new life. To be honest, I'd rather have my house full of dogs -it means I don't go looking for other trouble to get into. Dec 15th can't come soon enough.

Emily out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have help for the ride to the island?

Emily said...

Not yet Theresa. If you want, feel free to e-mail me at garlande@uvic.ca

Kaiser and Adam are to arrive tomorrow around 4-5pm and we're to meet in Abbotsford to pick them up. I'm just a little worried about making sure I catch the last ferry home so that I can pick the Chis up in the morning! Transports are notorious for running late.

Best,
Emily

Piper said...

What a sweet looking bunch of dogs. Such a happy ending to a sad beginning...

Unknown said...

Sorry Emily I have sent you an email but I didn't get your message until today. Call me please