Saturday, November 12, 2011

Transport Complete!

Got stuck in Vancouver overnight, but luckily Adam and Kaiser got over the border. Both are very friendly to people and other dogs. Adam is skinny, the first thing we did when he got in was flea-bath him as he was scratching a lot. He's such a sweety though. Hard to believe he was about to be put down.

Kaiser -the pittie mix- I'm quite sure has a lot of boxer in there. He plays like boxers -BOXING, hitting dogs in the face, etc-. He's handsome, eager-to-please, but active, active, active. On the bright side, his activity is a physical kind, and not a "I NEED TO WORK" kind so finding a home shouldn't be too hard. He's now in foster with Island Dogz and playing with the two other pups in his foster home already. I only had him one night, but he's the kind of dog, that when I don't have to worry about renting, I would most likely take on in a heartbeat.

We stayed overnight, grabbed the 7am ferry and dropped Kaiser off, and swung back to the airport. Jutta was there to meet us with our three. A little bit of Kennel Cough symptoms from Lady, but other than that three sweeties. We were quickly up and away.

Dropped Kane off at his trial. Leroy, the resident dog wasn't all too upset, but was a little guardy with 'his' things. I have my fingers crossed after a couple of hours he just gives up.

Next we dropped Lady off, and although she is supposed to have a trial, she walked in and charmed everyone. So, I VERY much doubt Lady won't be adopted. But a few days never hurt anyone (I hope).

Chata went to a trial with her new family (parents of Chula and Antoinette's mum). Housebreaking is their main concern, as its all carpet, so hopefully that doesn't become an issue. I told them to give it a week as the first few days anywhere there are probably going to be accidents.

Tomorrow I will update with the tuggie info.
And a BIG thankyou to the 3-4 people who contacted me about helping with transport. Glad to know if I do it again, I have potential back-up.

But for now, to enjoying being a foster mum again :)

Best,
Emily

No comments: