Friday, June 15, 2012

30 Foster Dogs in their New Homes

Jasmine and Zephyr went home today :)

I have never cried over a foster (except when it was thought Dayo (now Suhki) had parvo), and today wasn't any different, but I did get close. I was so happy to see those two older souls off to their new home together. I forgot my camera, but the dogs behaved so well in their crates and took everything in stride. I gave them good scratches and kisses, and like a happy foster mum, sent them on their new adventure.

The fact they were adopted hit most when I came home to only two dogs. It's been months since I've only had two dogs in my house, months since Zephyr found his comfy spot on the couch. He became a permenant fixture, always happy when we got home, always content to snuggle up for a movie. In many ways, for the time he was here he became #3. He learnt to put up with Beckett, how to be off-leashable, and was put on a diet plan where he lost over 12 pounds while in foster care.

If he was a 200 pound man, it would be equivalent to 45 pounds lost!

Although I never did get my true cuddles with Jasmine, she also became a fixture here. She was comfortable, always ready for a hike, and in the end, was able to go off-leash (or at least dragging her leash) with us on the trails.

With the adoption of Zephyr and Jasmine, Jerrad and I have fostered and helped find homes for 30 dogs.

Our Foster dogs, in Chronological Order:
Tucker, Yayis (Lily), May (Mae), Honey (Daisy), Tine (Tye), Xena (Nina), Toast (Stella), Buster, Gio, Evee, Dayo (Suhki), Trunk (Talia), Ren, Chula, Netty, Hank, Aster (Lemon), Adam (Kona), Panda, Allie, Alphie, Alvin, Helen, Chowmein (Lucy), Zephyr, Jasmine, DimSum (Lucy), Migo, Pika, Rupee (Nixie).

We'll get updates on Jasmine and Zephyr soon!

And stay tuned, as within the next week, we'll have a few new fosters coming in too. Two TG dogs, and a Taiwanese. Time to start the cycle a new.

No comments: