Saturday, June 16, 2012

Feeling Empty... and INCOMINGS

Wow, Zeph and Jas haven't even been gone a full day, and I'm lonely. Zeph was my perpetual cuddle dog. He kept me warm with his big butt. I didn't get any mad dance for breakfast either. I put food down and it took a least five minutes for either of my dogs to bother poking their bowls. They ate laying down. Even Lemon ate laying down. I think all of us are feeling like we've lost a couple of family members. Except Beckett. But is so used to them coming and going, it doesn't phase him much. I'm hoping to get an update from their new home soon.

However, as lonely as it is now, I'm excited for my next foster dogs coming in the next week-ish.

First off, I will be fostering two dogs for TG. Not really sure who until they get on the van, but probably a pup, and a small-medium dog. I have a 'wanted' list :) That will be on the 23rd, a week from now.

Between then and now, two dogs are incoming. One has a foster-to-adopt lined up.

Elsie from Mexico. She's got a foster-to-adopt, a back-up foster, and if both fail, she's got me.
On the 20th, I'll be picking up my next foster from Ocean Dog (who I fostered Migo for).

This is Cindy!


Cindy is a happy-go-lucky, quite energetic still, 4-5 year old female PB golden retriever. I admit, ever since working at the daycare, I have come to understand why the Golden Retriever is the ultimate family dog. I will pick her up the morning of the 21st from the ferry. I doubt very much she will be with me for long, and might be going through a few applications for her. I think, except for Alvin, she will be my first 'purebred' dog. Not that it matters any, just goes to show that anything can pop up in rescue. Even your family golden retriever.

It'll be a full house again soon, and in July we'll have a few customer dogs kicking around almost all month, so I'm sure in no time the couch will be cozy with furballs again. Today I realized it's actually kind of cold in here, I just make due with dog body heat :P

And in the next day or two, we officially resign our lease. Another year on the farm, here we come!

2 comments:

Piper said...

So nice that Jas and Zeph have gone to their new home! And new arrivals are so exciting!...looking forward to reading about them when they arrive :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Jas & Zeph 'for getting a furever home' & oh my a golden ' i have a 5 yr old golden pure bred ' but she also was a rescue but at almost 3 months old' a movie company was giving them away' great blog looking forward for the news on new fosters '! cheers Polly B