Friday, November 23, 2012

Being Silly with Suzie

 
It's been a horribly rainy week, but we've been having fun nonetheless. Urchin is settling in well and is coming leaps and bounds in his housetraining. He is a bit of a jekyl/hyde. Part of him is a scared, unsure little dog without a lot of socializing, and the other half is a TERRIER, running circles around the house like a crazy thing. And when he gets the crazy terrier moments of biology, his little eyes are bugged out of his head like he's being possessed and his body isn't his. It's friggin' hillarious! He bucks like a horse. Hopefully I'll catch some video someday, but I laugh so much I don't know if I could hold the camera to capture it. Most of the time he is a cuddly, stoic little guy but watch out when the terrier gets turn on :P

Jinks has got him playing some too, though Lemon thinks he's weird therefore has decided she is way too above him to play with him -she is starting to act the part of overbearing, feels-she's-entitled-to-everything teenager! We were bound to get to the teenage stage eventually I guess! Oh the diva eyes I got when I brought Beckett and Jinks to daycare today and left her behind.

"WHATTYA MEAN!!!!! I'M the FAIREST OF THEM ALL!!!!!! I SHOULD GO TO DAYCARE. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!" Guess what Lemon, you're going down a couple of pegs on the totem pole.

Urchin will proabably spend another week with us before I think he's ready for daycare. Little guy is scared of his own shadow at times. As I get to know him better I don't know if I'm safer placing him with shy-dog experienced people so that if he never outgrows his shyness he'll be fine, or if I should look for someone who wants a terrier personality, as it's very possible in a few months the shyness will be all but gone and he'll just be a typical terrier. We shall see. I think another week will tell me what he needs a home too.

Suzie has finally decided Urchin can touch her Beckett without getting a whallop. Beckett got smart on her and if she grouched on anyone, he just moved away from the dog bed. Good man Beckett. Much more effective way of controlling her guarding than I could do anyway. She's not a bad guarder, she just thinks Beckett is 'her Beckett'. Hasn't tried to guard him from Lemon mind you. ---To be fair, as much of a pain in the butt Lemon has been the past couple of weeks, she's still top dog. Jinks could take her spot I think -she's very confident in herself, perhaps an ever stronger personality than Lemon. Time will tell.

For now, I leave you with a funny video of Suzie and I both being dorks. I love this dog so much, she's just a goofball. I'm hopeful that the people coming to meet her Sunday decide to adopt her :) They are coming from Vancouver, so that's a commitment in and of itself! It definitely shows that I like her a lot though, I didn't even network her here on the island. Hoard her all to myself just a bit.

 
Pictures of my girl soon. Apparently I am out of storage space on this blog, so I have to go back and delete a whole bunch of pictures to make room for new ones I guess. Joy.
 
Emily Out

No comments: