Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Did I Get the Right Dog?

Suzie landed yesterday, and for all the fuss made over she's 'such a shy, fearful dog with people', (why she's here to begin with) after maybe 5 minutes of letting her out of her crate, after she did a perimeter sniff of the baby-gated portion of the house she decided to jump on the couch, sit in my lap and give me kisses. Follow that by Kathleen getting home and her doing the exact same thing! I didn't even bring out the food for her to start to warm up to us.

Jerrad had her out on the ferry on her leash -which apparently she'd always put the brakes on for-, and though she was cautious about new people, she was curious and went to meet new people within maybe a minute or so tops.

And here I was thinking we'd get a dog who wanted to hide in their crate for a few days, that would be slow to want us to touch her, and that we'd probably have for a couple weeks of bootcamp before she was adoptable.

She slept throughout the night in her crate without a peep and is going through the usual 'no pee, no play' mantra. Still hasn't peed this morning after two 10 minute walks around the property, but we'll get there. On the bright side, she isn't phazed about the leash here, and came out of her crate this morning wagging her tail like a clown.

So, I have to wonder if they sent me the right dog.

For example, here's Suzie the 'shy/fearful' dog five minutes after meeting my sister.


We'll get to know her better and her ticks and quirks over the next few days, but right now, I'm nicely surprised. Seems to me she's just a dog that needs to live a normal dog life, with walks on trails and meeting new people and overall, just being exposed to stuff.

Some pictures. Better ones soon!

Praying her forever home finds her soon.

Hypnotizing!

Cuddling with my sister.
Couple of days before Momo goes home. I'm sure she'll be glad to be home! Also, I think Lemon will be really glad when she goes. I guess Lemon is developing some breedism too. I guess that means no more pugs for us!

More on Suzie soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet heart ' hard to tell her size and breed' but it don't matter she's lover and she'll get a great home'' sweet girl'' cheersPollyb

Anonymous said...

she looks like a sweet little doll.
How come they claim she was fear full?
Where did she fly in from?

Ashley said...

She looks so cute! I'm amazed at how you keep getting new fosters! I have my hands full enough with Cooper and one foster!

Wendy Hamilton said...

She looks really bright too.
I'm trying to figure what a formosan mountain dog is?
aside from being a common breed from taiwan.. with short hair, big ears and an alert look... maybe that's what a formosan mountain dog is...!.. I'll google it.