Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lemon's Take

Hi blog-readers, its me, Lemon, previously Aster from TG. My mum has signed the adoption papers, so I'm sticking around for good. I'm apparently crazy, so I make my mum laugh all the time. I'm kind of hyper, but boy oh boy, no one told Beckett he's supposed to be MIDDLE-AGED, and he's wearing me out!

There's talk about a farm, and agility, and obedience, and other friends down the road. Right now, I would just like a nap, and remind everyone that just cause I'm 13 pounds, DOES NOT mean I'm to be carried around like a FROU-FROU poodle. I can walk myself!

I'm not FROU-FROU!!!

I love my yard, daycare, and I'm even allowed to stay home with Beckett and not have to sleep in my crate. I'd rather sleep with Beckett anyway -he's nice and warm!


My mum INSITS I eat and sleep overnight in my crate though. I love my food, and if Beckett hasn't finished his and I've finished mine, his food is free game. Apparently the old guy is skinny and needs his food. I don't complain -MUCH. My mum says she "won't have a butterball turkey as a dog-" whatever that means.

Beckett and I are excellent partners in crime. I've got him loving to chew on socks, I've taught him the finer art of sleeping sprawled out on the couch, and he's taught me how to beg for cheese. I prefer peanut butter on my nose, but I won't stick up my nose to cheese!

We play ALL DAY long! We used to start at 5am, but now we wait until mum is out of bed until we start the party. That way, we get to play longer, and sometimes, we even sneak into her bed and start wrestling with her. What's the fun of having a mum if you can't JUMP ON HER!


I am a pretty fast little runner, and on the trails, mum makes Beckett walk me. I make sure I walk him most of the time though. Mum says I might be part sled-dog! I know she was wanting a 'sports dog', but I'm going to prove that I'm crazy enough and smart enough to be a good sports dog without being one of those "Border Collies" she keeps talking about. You should SEE her DROOOOOOL when we go to the dog-park and there's border collies there. But she knows I'm better (for right now). Besides, what Border Collie would want to play with Beckett -they'd just want to WORK all day. And working is so BORING.

But I play with my brother all day long. Like this:


Mum tooks some pictures from one of our play sessions too:








You'd think being young, slightly hyper and active, I'd wear the old guy down, but he just keeps coming back! Oh well, he's a good play partner, and he likes quiet time too.





Oh, and of course, a girl has to have her own mini-photo-shoot (inspired by not doing the housework).







My mum says I didn't win the jackpot, but I think being adopted at all, I'm a winner. I would like to note that she won the jackpot though! I'm fabulous after all!!!

I'm looking forward to having more friends around in the future, and helping them become 'real dogs' like the pack here has shown me. I hear my mum might take on another "puppy" in the future, which I would LOVE. Beckett too! He still gets excited when we visit Suhki at the park!

Well, that's my blog, and look for me in a bunch of pictures once 'The Funny Farm' --oops, I'm not supposed to call it that---, once fostering again becomes a reality.

Bye for now,
Lemon

No comments: