Friday, October 7, 2011

TG Team for the Win

Alright, I must admit, whatever hardships TG goes through, we have a great team, and I never feel like I'm completely stuck. Hopeless for a day or two, yes, but never completely and totally stuck.  For being a rescue whose only come into fostering recently, I'm thankful for our team of people. Lisa, Jean, Denise and her crew, and my own co-workers who step it up when they need to! I've very glad of our loyality to each-other. The people pack!

Update: as of 9:30pm.

Hank is staying the night with Jess and is loving all of her girls. She even volunteered to finish up fostering him if we couldn't find Diesel a place to go. She quite likes him, which I knew she would. Hank is a very good dog. Foster mum Sarah also volunteered to take Hank in if need be for a week or so until Diesel could potentially head back up to TG. Luckily for Hank, he has a homecheck tomorrow! I sent the e-mail off asking if we could do the homecheck sometime this weekend, and they replied with "How soon can we do it?" ---I love when people are excited like that!

Diesel is also doing very well, and I totally put in a good word for him. He's loyal, he gives great eye contact, he is trying to initiate play with Beckett, but Beckett isn't quite sure they should be that chummy yet! He hasn't tried to lift his leg on my furniture tonight. He knows his name, he settles nicely by mine or Jerrad's feet. Without Hank in the house I can see his stress pretty much melt away, and he didn't so much as blink when the landlords' dogs came outside to greet him. I think without his son Toojoe around, Diesel is becoming more of a follower.

Actually, I think Diesel is Mr "Meat and Potatoes". Someone sounds the alarm for battle and he's the first one in there fighting, but he definitely doesn't call the shots. He's no alpha dog, he just knows he's good at fighting. Almost like a soldier. He does what he's told to do.

In other news, I'm getting kind of attached to Aster, which is really quite odd as although I quite like having smaller dogs around, I didn't think I'd actually want to adopt somebody as small as she is. I'm pretty sure once she gets an application or two that I'll feel differently as I'll see the amazing life/lives she can have that beat me hands down. Maybe I'm just on the rebound for Trunk.

Oh, here are some pics of Diesel.

His good looks make up for my really messy chair!
 Reminds me of Goofy.

I'm not sure where the mane comes from, but Diesel really reminds me of Scar from the Lion King!

Please lets go for a walk?


Totally Good-Looking Young Man!

Look at that non-flinching eye-contact, even with flash on the camera!

Dear forever home: I'm a Good Boy who needs firm leadership. Little corrections don't phase me AT ALL. I am stubborn, but you show me why I should follow you, and I am a constant loyal companion. I will challenge you, but overcoming challenges will make us bond together. I'm sort of sheepish, very good-looking, and need to be reminded whose in charge. PS: I like the ladies and they like me back! Some boys are jealous of me, and sometimes I can be jealous of other boys my size or bigger. Any ladies looking for a bachelor like me? You provide the discpline, I'll have your back every step of the way.

Diesel will be heading off either Saturday or Sunday to his new foster, that doesn't include Hank. Even though its been quite the little adventure, I'll kind of miss him and the way he always looks for direction, and the way he perks his ears like he knows you're talking to him and is rapt to pay attention to every word. Under different circumstances, I know he would be fun to work with. A challenge most definitely, but at least he's eager to do things.

Hey, I somehow managed Beckett, who was -and is still- eager to go for a walk, eat food, and hang with other dogs, and smooze with girls in bikinis (if Jerrad and I ever broke up, Beckett would be the best bachelor's dog ever! Where a hot girl is on a beach, you're bound to find Beckett sidling up to her!). Other than that, he'd rather not learn a damn thing!

Beckett: Please mum for the sake of pleasing mum -yeahright, why the heck would I do anything for my mum just to make her happy? I do what she says, or she gets scary. Oh, and I do what she says when I go off-leash, or else I need a leash, and leashes suck! I'm nice when I feel like it.

Ah, I love him anyway. What's having a dog without a challenge here and there.

Oh, and in finishing for the night, a couple of Aster and Beckett together.

Aster perfecting her Husky Ball

Squish!

1 comment:

Jerrad said...

I think Diesel might have some Sheltie in him, as that would explain the mane.