Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Morning Wake Up Call -MUTINY!

Yesterday was full of karma, but this morning saw a small mutiny against Mrs. Pack Leader.

Usually the morning goes like this: 6:30 -first pee break. Back to bed until about 8:00 on weekends. Okay, sue me, I slept in to 8:30 (did do the 6:30 pee mind you). So let everybody out, start pulling all the dog blankets out of crates and the ones on the floor cause Sunday is dog-laundry day (BTW, they get 3 loads! Jerrad and I have MAYBE two loads throughout the rest of the week!) The door is left open so they can come and go, and I can keep an eye on everybody through the screen-glass door, or the kitchen window.

The dogs play like loonies -except Chula who is always trying to climb in my lap, or Netty, who is already on the hunt for breakfast-. I usually let them play for about an hour, and then its breakfast time. And never has no body refused to come in for breakfast.

Except this morning.

So, I put my flip-flops on, and go out to bring the crew in.
"Breakfast time." Not a single ear-twitch in my direction. Even Hank, who is usually a very good boy, flipped me the bird.

So, I start calling individually, starting with Beckett, who completely flips me off -not unusual-. So, go out, grab Beckett by his collar and yank him towards the door. Let him go before I throw him completely in as he's to follow my rules. BS, the moment I let go of him he books it away from the door. So now he's in big shit, and I'm PISSED. And suddenly he knows I'm pissed.

So, after Beckett gets the horns, he figures out that Mama means business and goes -and stays- inside. Hank is smart enough that he follows suit pretty damn quick -he is NOT getting into trouble. Hank very nicely goes right into his crate and patiently waits for mutiny to be over to get breakfast. Today I love Sheppards.

Meanwhile, Suhki and Aster are playing like loonies, which is fine, but even with a few gentle prods to regain their attention, both of them flip the bird too. So, I seperate them, leave Aster to her own devices, and concentrate on the most impressionable. Suhki.

I get him close to the door, call his name once more, and what does the little bugger do, he pulls the same move Beckett did and WHOOSH off he goes with stupid 'HAHAHA SUCKER' zoomies around the yard. Sorry bud, you get the horns too.

And with a yipe-yipe, oh-shit I'm in trouble, I grab him by his collar with a quick jerk, hold him maybe a few centimetres off the ground, and drop him. He gives me a look like 'not fair', thinks about it a moment, and decides he should follow me. Until -he tries to pull the same move again!

Too bad bud, Beckett's the sneakiest boy in the world, so I know what to watch for. Grabbed him right as he started to fly off and brought him inside, and plunked him right in his crate. If you're going to play hard-ball, you're going to get it, despite the fact that you are usually a very good puppy. You ARE NOT going home with the idea in your head that you can get away with mutiny. And if I'm not a bit of a hard-ass on you now, I don't want to know what kind of "HAHAHA SUCKER" moves you're going to play on your people later on.

By now Chula knows I mean business, so she's gone into 'duck and cover' mode. I pick her up gently, put her inside and close the door. She's such a softie. No horns for her. She never warrants them. So, onto Aster, who decides the game Beckett and Suhki played was SO MUCH FUN. Impressonable! That's what Aster is all over. She does exactly what the other dogs do. Did she not see what happened to them! Aster doesn't seem to have a lot of clues to rub together. Lovely, entirely, smart, not very.

Luckily for her, I manage to herd her inside without too much trouble, but unlike everyone else inside, who dares not re-enter the mutiny going on outside, she decides to take me for a second round. And unlike Beckett and Suhki, who will stop when I get close cause I mean serious business, socially-awkward Aster doesn't stop. So five minutes of playing catch-me-if-you-can around the yard with a dog that just doesn't get it. Great. Apparently I should have put on my running shoes.

Eventually I catch her, and bring her inside. I think she got that I was pissed, but I don't know if she put two and two together to figure out catch-me-if-you-can got me pissed. This afternoon is mission find a way to get Aster not to play catch me if you can.

Oh, and Netty throughout all of the ruckus, was busy inside trying to find breakfast. Chow hound!
Beckett and Suhki are back in 'the know' of who the bitch is around here. Hank now knows the horns can come out, and hopefully Aster is catching on somewhere down the line.

And now, breakfast!

No comments: