Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm a Pretty Lucky Lady

After some soul-searching nights of "OMG, is this going to work out" when the new landlord hadn't responded after the weekend (when he was due back), and we'd already given our notice here, I'm glad to say we sign the lease either Sunday or Tuesday (depending when the weather allows him to get back). He stayed the week with his family. But, he picked up enough fencing for us to do the small back yard!! So now we just have to buy posts. For not even having technically signed the lease -which we'd be crazy not to sign-, I'm feeling pretty damn lucky.

I've got my husband-in-training, my dogs, I'm going to be able to keep boarding and fostering, and I'm going to live in a nice big farmhouse. Most likely I'll be able to set up the fencing before we even move in. All in time for the holidays :) Oh, and I just got a comfy new chair, since I'm moving to a nice big place!

Okay, okay, it isn't really dog related, but for $30, I'll gloat.
PLUS it's a soul-mate leather match to my couch!! (next pic)
 The Couch that was Missing a Chair

Oh, and since I'm a lucky lady, I've got some lucky dogs coming up from California soon. They've been waiting awhile for the transporter to be available, but should be coming Nov 10th or so.

Chata, (who will be Ginny) is already adopted.

Kane will be my final foster in my current place. The CRD has been advised he'll be my final extra dog around, so we're in the legal clear.

 Lady will be hanging with Allie.

Kane and Lady will most likely be posted on Victoria Adoptables and quite possibly adopted before they even get here. I have my fingers crossed :). IF we can get these two adopted before they come, there's a chance I can send another on the transport.

I have my eye on this guy!
A4351480 Adam is a graceful one year old tan neutered male Spaniel/Longhaired Chihuahua mix puppy who was found in Baldwin Park on October 12th and brought to the shelter. Weighing nineteen pounds, this silky soft, medium energy boy walks okay on leash and adores other dogs. Adam is initially shy around strangers but warms up quickly. Adam will be a perfect indoor pet for an individual or family in any living situation.
To watch a video of Adam please click here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxjjn0TV_g8

More soon on the foster front. I'm looking forward to having Kane if he isn't adopted beforehand. He's kind of tiny, but when I pulled this round -I pulled as Chata was spoken for, and I might as well bring 3-, I knew Kane had to come from the video/picture. He hid in the corners of his cell shaking all day. No potential adopters knew he even existed. He wouldn't have pulled through.

Luckily the CA foster home says both dogs are awesome with dogs/kids, and warm up to people quickly, although they are both initially shy. They're small enough that cats shouldn't be an issue.

Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN. I ran around the city yesterday trying to find Lemon a super-dog cape, but came up empty handed. So, instead, just visualize Lemon in a super-dog cape, and Beckett wearing shades and having a walking stick (he's a blind dog ;) ).

Adios,
Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was wondering how I can get more info about Kane? I don't see him listed on Victoria Adoptables yet. You are such a good person to do all that you do for all these dogs!

Emily said...

If you e-mail me at garlande@uvic.ca, I'll be glad to give you all that I know -which isn't all that much as of right now :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily:
I am a TG foster mom up in Telkwa. I was wondering if you would consider adoption of Lady up here in the frozen north? My sister (who has another TG dog) is very interested in adopting her. My email is vrokstad@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Vicky