Monday, October 3, 2011

Videos, CA Dogs, and Apparently I Better Get a Move On!

Not that its a competition, but both Lisa and Louise have adoption pendings on their dogs! Rolo has been adopted, and Rudy heads to Victoria tomorrow to meet his most-likely new family (please Rudy, be a good boy and no constant fence-jumping okay!) Do be fair, Rudy and Rolo are ridiculously gorgeous. Not that my dogs aren't, but Rudy looks like a black golden retriever, and Rolo looks nearly pure Samoyed.

And Aster and Hank have diddly squat. Alright, that means I'm being lazy! So I slung their bios over to Victoria Adoptables this morning, that usually gets things up and running on the island. But who am I kidding, I don't mind having them kick around for a few more weeks. Hank is pretty much the easiest foster I've ever had next to the two Chihuahuas, and Aster is funny as beans to watch playing.

Unfortunately, Aster might not be staying for too long. Unfortunately her spay certificate that was supposed to be good through the SPCA, isn't. Long story, but apparently its only for a rabbit or a pitbull. So, she will most likely be heading over to Lisa in the next couple of weeks, as Dr. Ubi can do her spay on the cheap, and Lisa is out of fosters. I'm on the hunt to get her a home beforehand -I haven't had a foster (minus Sail, who I don't really count as she was a bit of an emergency take-in) who has left before they're adopted. I don't see myself as failing her or anything, just that my ego would remain in check if I find her a home beforehand!

That, and I'm kind of hoping a friend of a friend of a friend might find her. She plays so well with Suhki, I have this itch that it would be nice if she could be adopted somewhere close to him so they can play with each other throughout their lives. But that's probably being too optimistic.

In other news, yesterday saw the pull of my next CA dog. My B-Day present was enough to pull a dog from a high-kill shelter, and I basically worked out with Island Dogz that I would cover his expenses to come up, and that I would foster him, but they would be his rescue -just in case anything were to happen.

So this is Kaiser, who basically, my mum saved:
And this is the video that made me choose him:

If anyone wants to pass Kaiser and his info along to any interested adopters, that would be fantastic! He is in boarding (with a couch all to himself) for about 2 weeks to recooperate from any kennel cough before he comes to the island! As much as I want to foster him, if he can find his forever home before he lands in Canada, that would just be icing on the cake!

And, for my TG fosters, a few videos of the afternoon/evening yesterday. And yes, there are 6 dogs here currently, and yes, as loud as the videos get, is about how loud it ever is (unless Hank and Beckett are playing outside).





In other small tidbit news. Chula and Antoinette's mum, Michelle, is still unpacking like crazy, so the girls didn't get to go home yesterday, but after work today, I get to bring them to their brand-spanking-new home!

And, to make things even more interesting, Chula and Antoinette will be gaining another housemate. Michelle's parents, who will be living in the suite (I believe) fell in love with Chula -but she's TAKEN, and she's like Velcro to Netty (At this point, I don't think Netty really cares either way, she's the more independent sister). Chula and Netty are a pair. BUT --I have the power to find another Chula type dog.

So, in flipping through the CA 'death-lists', I found Chata! (PS: Its SO much easier going through those lists when you know what you're looking for!)

Chata's Glamour Pic

Chata was saved two days ago, and once we figure out transport to Canada, she will be joining Michelle's parents, Michelle, Chula and Antoinette in their brand-spanking new house!  

And, since the transports work better with 3 dogs (Kaiser is coming seperately), and because after Allie fostered Amelia she wanted to foster again, we also pulled Kane, who was a shy, shut-down little guy in the shelter that hid most of the time and trembled. The chances of him being noticed we're super slim -how do you even know there's a tiny little 5 pound black chi hiding in the corner? So, most likely Kane will be Allie's next CA foster dog. His CA Foster home reports he's a super snuggly love-bug!
Lovely Little Kane

We're still up in the air as to whether a third dog will be coming or not. I have foster commitments to TG, and with no applications on anybody yet, so I don't know if there's room! But, most likely a third one will hitch a ride. After we pulled Kane we found out his has a sister! (Both by blood, and by the household that dumped them!) I can't say no to taking his sister.

And, in final news. Diesel isn't working out with his current home in Nanaimo, so chances are he's coming here for foster boot-camp. Apparently he isn't doing so hot at dog-parks, and is being a jerk towards Toojoe (his son that was adopted with him). We'll see. Dog-parks are usually stupid, and for most TG dogs, bad manners get told off REAL fast. Once the Chis leave, and Suhki heads home tomorrow, we have a pretty mellow crew all in all. Although 3 big boys together without a real bitch in the house (I can make up for it!) is a little unnerving, Beckett and Hank have amazing manners. So if Diesel is telling either of them off, then I know he needs work, and its not just stupid young dogs being stupid young dogs. 

And of course, the slew of pictures from yesterday. Now that the camera's back, I find myself a little too attached to it.

















That's all for now folks!

2 comments:

Dionne said...

Wow, I LOVE the sounds of Hank.. If only I was living in a place bigger than 500 square feet I would take him in an instant. My rescue girl really needs a larger dog with that kind of calm, confident energy around so she can get over her fear of other dogs.

I read your blog every week! You do a great job with it. (:

Emily said...

Not to twist your arm, but Hank doesn't need pretty much any inside space :P Inside he's used to lazing around, and a lot of the time when the other dogs get stupid play-time, he goes and curls up in his crate for some extra ZZZZZs. So if you have space for a crate, and a hour or two of exercise a day, you have room for Hank :P We have MAYBE 800 Square feet, and with enough outside exercise, up to six dogs live quite comfortably in it!