Sunday, August 26, 2012

2 Adoptions and..... an adoption pending!!

Wow, what a whirlwind weekend. Although I had thought Truffle's new family wouldn't be ready for her for a few days, as soon as they were approved they phoned and asked if they could come get her! I said, sure come on up. So, Truffle was signed, sealed and picked-up. Her new golden retriever brother coudln't be happier. He was SOOOO happy to see her again.

After that, some running around, some miscommunication in dropping Bambi (a TG dog) off, and getting on the ferry, I landed in Vancouver and spent the night with mum and dad. Today, we picked up Sam, who was saved from California. Back on the ferry lickity split. Sam's new family met him at the terminal.

Then back home to take some pictures of Freddie, have a good snuggle and then I checked the e-mail where I found an pre-approved applicant for Freddie :)

So, that's one whirlwind weekend of Truffle's adoption, Sam's adoption, and now Freddie's adoption pending. Oh, and that will soon leave me with no one and a REALLY bored Lemon, so I suppose I should figure out another foster soon if I don't want her to drive me crazy! Apparently she drove Jerrad crazy last night, as Freddie wouldn't play with her!

Here are some pictures of Freddie I took when I got home. He is a brilliant little dog and ideal companion. Lazy enough to just enjoy, but still active enough to take on a hike. Very social with everyone. Truly fantastic dog. It makes me feel a little better that his stellar temperment should have some bearing on the pups in that puppy mill. Silver lining :)







Where does the bed end and Freddie start?

Such good eye contact :)
This might turn into a really boring blog for awhile :P. I'm feeling less of a foster mum and more of short-term boarding lately. Truly a revolving door -but as long as it's a revolving door by making sure the matches are GREAT matches, that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderfull news and its like wow all the adoptions! Freddy's a really cool little dude!! Keep up the awsome work !lovely pics!cheersPolly '