Monday, August 6, 2012

Welcome Hanna!

It never fails. I don't stay empty long.
Apparently neither does Jerrad!

One snuck in while I was in Van!

Welcome: Hanna.

A little 6 pound Chi originally from the high kill shelters of CA. A super healthy -though maybe a touch underweight- 4 year old who made herself quite at home with Jerrad the night I left for Vancouver. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with her today, and she is a darling. I might be biased, as she's the first Chihuahua that has liked me better!

Here are some pictures. She was a bit of a hard model as she kept wanting to come and snuggle me instead!





Size perspective. Lemon is only about 12 pounds and is about double Hanna's size!
Hanna my snuggle-bum.
 And a couple of the best shots from my dogs. Lemon has such character to her I'm always taking pictures of her. But I'll limit the pictures of my own guys. This IS a foster blog after all.

Me and the pooches. Hanna snuck in for a cuddle.

FREEDOM!!!

 More on Hanna as I get to know her better, but she's going to make someone a fabulous little lap dog. I don't think she's been out and about much as she isn't too sure about leashes in general, but once out she loves to feel the grass under her paws and smell the flowers. Will fit most any low-energy home who just wants a lovely quiet companion.

Oh, did I mentioned she's already housetrained, crate-trained and is okay at home for a few hours, possibly a full work day, by herself. Great with other dogs and fine with cats. And NOT a yapper! Know anybody who needs a little cuddly friend?


2 comments:

Heart's Journey said...

Hi Emily;

Do you foster for other rescue groups in addition to Turtle Gardens? Just wondering as I see Hanna is from a high-kill shelter in CA. I am interested in your rescue link to shelters in CA, Tracy

Emily said...

Hi Tracy,

My main fosters are with TG, however I have fostered for a few different rescues over the time I've been fostering. My current two rescues are TG and Ocean Dog Rescue -who rescues from Taiwan-.

Sometimes, when I am empty and not slated to get a new foster for a few weeks, I will take a Chihuahua in if someone needs a place to crash. I've saved 6 from Cali myself, but decided it wasn't responsible of me to continue to save on my own ---I couldn't afford any large medical bills--. There are a few groups that work with California rescue though! None that I've worked with personally except with who Hanna (and previously Rupee) were with, which is a tiny Victoria-based rescue.

I do still have some Cali contacts, but they are small rescues themselves and don't usually have the means to help many at a time. If you have any questions, feel free to give me an e-mail at garlande@uvic.ca