Thursday, August 9, 2012

Homecheck for Hanna Tonight

I have a homecheck right in the middle of downtown tonight. I've gone through some generally unfavourable applications -I think there have been six total, (ALREADY!) and four that I've written off early. Of course Hanna would like to be a 'purse dog' at points, but she will not go to a home that want her as more of an accessory than a companion! She is a DOG first, and ITTY BITTY dog who can ride in a purse second.

It'll give me a good chance to see how Hanna reacts to the business of downtown too as she's been here only a few days so I haven't had her out with lots of traffic or people yet. Most dogs originally from Cali adapt to downtown living quite well though. We shall see!

It's a great little application with two young female law students who although young have definitely thought things through! I for one know the good company a dog makes when you're studying at home :)

I would cross my fingers, but there's really no need to. The dogs are amazing at telling me about the people at the homevisits combo meet+greets. I can ask all the questions I want, but when I see the dog has 'chosen', I know that's their family whether it's the one that's best on paper or not. Why bother doing a homecheck when your gut knows it won't be right to begin with. Go with the gut on the app, and the dog's feelings in the homecheck (barring any big red flags that you come across at the homecheck.)

A few pics of Hanna from the last day or two:

Darn it foster mum, turn that flah off!

The generic 'on the red/purple couch shot'.

What a nice face she has. (Warning, this picture is lifesize!)
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :). I have to admit, it would be nice to have a foster a little bit longer than a week and a half every once in awhile. But families come when they're supposed to come, and Hanna has already been waiting for hers for quite some time! (Just not with me!)

Emily Out

No comments: