Friday, October 5, 2012

Gotta Love When the Timing Works Out

I think my mother might kill me if I miss another family get together due to dogs and/or including my fosters. So, by Tuesday afternoon it was 'let's hunt fo a sitter' time so I hopefully could get away for the weekend. This is not necessarily an easy task since it's a holiday weekend, and since two huskies are involved in the process. Luckily, some things have a way of timing themselves out brilliantly. Luma had a great homecheck last night, with dog-savvy people who won't let her get away with much. So, instead of going to the sitter's, she is now camped out in her new home, probably giving her new mum and dad a bit of a run for their money husky style.

So, that leaves me fosterless again, but with another dog in an awesome home, which is the goal anyway :) Some stay longer than others, but it isn't the amount of time they stay that matters, it's that they find the people they are supposed to find. I don't think it's a coincidence that Luma made her way to the island instead of Rumi. Call me a 'there's a bigger picture' person, but even the more difficult dogs that land here I figure land here because here they will find who they need to find. It's a step on their journey. Unless it's Freddie, who I was kind of just a sidetrack!

Good luck in your new home Luma!! I'll see you again soon :)


Also, I dropped Lemon and Beckett off for the weekend as we'll be catching the early ferry tomorrow, and I already feel like an empty nester. Whatever the heck did I do before I had a dog? It's really quite lonely around here and I haven't even left for my vacation yet.

Never know whose on the horizon foster wise, but I'm going to try to enjoy being fosterless until whenever someone else shows up. I never stay fosterless for long, but I really don't mind.

Have a happy Turkey weekend everyone.
Emily Out

No comments: